Charnwood W619 Tablesaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatcho

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anybody got any experience with or owns a Charnwood W619?

I was looking at an Axminster TS-200 (which sounds like a nightmare to setup) and a SIP 01574. I think in an ideal world I'd go for the SIP, however space and additional cost are what are stopping me currently.

Spec wise the Charnwood looks like it sits nicely between the two saws above (IMO, feel free to correct me). It's also a bit more cost effective (£499). Bear in mind that I haven't seen any of the above mentioned saws in the flesh and am only going on what I have read here and seen elsewhere online.

All I want is a saw that will cut square, not take too much skill to setup and and help me learn how to make cabinets.

Any help is much appreciated 8)

I don't think the TS-200 and the other two saws are comparable, the other two are a bit more industrial.

The SIP and Charnwood are basically the same machine. Rob here has a Charnwood and says its really good.

fettling a table saw to get it running true is not normally a difficult task- sometimes fiddly but shouldn't be too much more than that. If you buy any saw, new or secondhand, you will have to check the various parts for trueness anyway- even if the seller has already "sorted" it. Doing so will also allow you to explore how each part of it works, adjusts etc.

What did you end up buying Tatcho? Did you go with the Charnwood w619? Would love to hear what you went with and why...

Back