charnwood w 650

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campagmike

Reaction score
Hi. Just bought W650.The sliding table is very "notchy" like there are flats on the wheels. Anyone had similar problem and what can you do to fix it. Have not been onto Charnwood yet.

I have one of these too - have you adjusted the wheels? I have a feeling mine was like that until I adjusted it. You just need an allen key and it's pretty obvious.

Hi peter. erm not sure what to do.two of the wheels seems to be fixed and two with a cam adjuster. Talk me through it my friend?

I took a couple of photos. This is what mine looks like. I just put mine on the runner (which I made sure was clean and waxed) and then turned the allen screws until it ran smoothly. I think it was notchy when I started, but turning those screws fixed it. If it doesn't then I think you might have a duff table. You can buy all the bits from Charnwood (I did as I bought the saw second hand with no sliding table) but I think they are identical to the Axminster TS250 table. Good luck!

Attachments

• 20190324_100407.jpg
    20190324_100407.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190324_100429.jpg
    20190324_100429.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 71
Make sure the machine is on level ground also, as this can cause problems with sliding table alignment.
Good luck

Back