Charnwood SS16F Charnwood Scroll Saw with Variable Speed Scroll...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This adapter system is not so great.
Better solution have Proxxon https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...3lYaQIzXlB-R4BSaxpq2P7LPGRdsE-23wFbepwp8IXkkQ

[
You can use pin blades or pinless ... pin blades are not so great so buy some good quality pinless blades.
400124_xl.jpg

Hi folks, I've been lurking about here for a couple of months now & interested in moving into scroll saw work. I have seen the benefits of a top-class machine and have looked at buying a Hegner, and got some great advice here! However, I feel it may be prudent to spend £100/150 on a saw just to get started and help me know whether it's something I want to go mainstream with and in looking around I came upon the above (Charnwood Ss16f Charnwood Scroll Saw With Variable Speed Scroll Saw With Flexible Drive And Foot Switch CH/SS16F from Westcountry Machinery 4 Wood) - am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this or any other recommendations? Thanks so much!
Ken
Hi Ken,

Shame you are so far away, there's a Hegner multicut 2S for sale on facebook market place located in Consett - up for £155.

I just bought my first scroll saw on Sunday, managed to get a Hegner Multicut 2S (single speed) for £150 - they are out there - try ebay or facebook market place.

good hunting

rgds
Gary

Hi Ken,

Shame you are so far away, there's a Hegner multicut 2S for sale on facebook market place located in Consett - up for £155.

I just bought my first scroll saw on Sunday, managed to get a Hegner Multicut 2S (single speed) for £150 - they are out there - try ebay or facebook market place.

good hunting

rgds
Gary
Thanks Gary,
I didn't go for the Charnwood in the end but I am on my way tomorrow to pick up a Hegner 2S Variable that I bought on Ebay so the hunt is at an end, now the learning begins!!
Be interested to hear how you get on with yours

Best, Ken

Ah, brilliant stuff, good to hear :)

Had to do a few adjustments on mine, but it is a 28yrs old bit of kit. Bellows has cracked and split, but AES and other suggested aquarium airpump, but replacement bellows are available from hegner/ebay for around £20. May look at seeing if a track rod end rubber cover from a Mini will fit/work - lol and the blade was slightly out of left right alignment - slight adjustment on pivot point bolt seems to of fixed that.

keep us up to date on how you getting on with it once you have it back home :)

rgds
Gary

Ah, brilliant stuff, good to hear :)

Had to do a few adjustments on mine, but it is a 28yrs old bit of kit. Bellows has cracked and split, but AES and other suggested aquarium airpump, but replacement bellows are available from hegner/ebay for around £20. May look at seeing if a track rod end rubber cover from a Mini will fit/work - lol and the blade was slightly out of left right alignment - slight adjustment on pivot point bolt seems to of fixed that.

keep us up to date on how you getting on with it once you have it back home :)

rgds
Gary

LOL, just noticed I'll be in your county, Gary, tomorrow to pick this thing up near Scarborough!!

k

LOL, just noticed I'll be in your county, Gary, tomorrow to pick this thing up near Scarborough!!

k
How did the collection go Ken? got home safe and sound i hope.

Let us know how you are getting on with it - i've had to do a few maintenance things on my one to get it working properly - see thread asking for help on Multicut 2S for info.

rgds
Gary

How did the collection go Ken? got home safe and sound i hope.

Let us know how you are getting on with it - i've had to do a few maintenance things on my one to get it working properly - see thread asking for help on Multicut 2S for info.

rgds
Gary

Thank Gary - yes all went well and home safe, long day though!! So far very pleased with the saw thought haven't had much time to find my way around it yet!

Back