Charnwood aftermarket rip fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ola c

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Found this yesterday when I was searching for a new rip fence for my table saw https://www.poolewood.co.uk/product/cha ... -saws-psf/

Does anyone have additional info, which materials are the cam clamp made of and how does the clamp mechanism/interface look on the inside facing the front rail?

Got the pdf that can be found here https://www.charnwood.net/products/prod ... athway-224 but it doesn't show that much. Also found a video on youtube where the user mentioned he needed to calibrate the fence every 100 cut but apart from that seemed satisfied :roll: . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leXUoyMLENQ

My plan (if I buy the fence) is to use the front rail and the front part that has the cam locking mechanism and then make my own parts for the rest, based on that the front clamp is reliable and sturdy enough. Looking at the design is seems the week Points might be the iron section holding tha actual fence and the fastening of this part to the clamp part, correct me if I'm wrong.

I know axminster has some rip fences but the front rail on these are too short for my needs.

Thanks for the tip, but the extension is 113.80£ and that's without the fence. Even if axminster could make me some offer of long rail only + fence I expect it would be quite expensive.

I think you will find its with the fence as well, it certainly came with a longer fence when I bought it.

Mike

So you buy a right hand extension table and get an extra rip fence for free? Sounds very strange. Just checked with axminster, they answered fence is not included.

Well that is a change since I bought the extension table, the fence supplied with the TS-250 at the time I got mine had a fence that did not reach full length of the table, it needed a longer fence to reach the other rail.

Mike

Have fitted the charnwood fence to a ts200 saw mark 1
Have had to space fence from saw by 20 mm to clear casting lip on saw top and drill fixing holes in cast iron top to accept longer bolts
I used 20x20 steel box section for the spacer

Finally someone who actually have the fence. I would be very thankful if you could take the time to post some pics of the cam interface and tell us more about materials and how rigid it feels.

"Does anyone have additional info, which materials are the cam clamp made of and how does the clamp mechanism/interface look on the inside facing the front rail?"

Hi cam lock and lever arm is steel so is the cross piece that holds fence to carriage
Fence is rigid when clamped down
To adjust fence to be parallel to saw blade slacken off 4 off
Allen key bolts on top of carriage align fence then tighten the Allen key bolts make sure fence is locked down before tightening bolts

Latest posts

Back