Quantcast

Charnwood 305 DB sliding Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone any direct experience of the quality and accuracy of this? I like the idea of the space saving offered by the fixed bars and sliding head - Also a good price at £275 for a 12" saw but never had any charnwood machinery so unsure of build quality and customer service?

GrahamF

Established Member
Reaction score
One thing to check, is how the swivel table locates, does it have positive indents for the various angles - 90/45 degrees etc or, does it just require the user to line up an arrow against a mark? If the latter, I wouldn't buy it.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
Has all the regular angles preset with indents, just seems too good a price for this size saw.

Fidget

Trying
Reaction score
I bought this saw when I was first buying tools for my shed about 3 years ago because the price seemed right. In my opinion it's fine for rough work, but I could never get consistent, clean or completely straight cuts from it!

I spent quite a long time (as a novice at this kind of thing) trying to fettle it into shape and buying a good blade, but to no avail.

I ended up buying the Kapex when Festool and FFX were both doing offers, the results are like chalk and cheese, and I don't really miss the extra capacity of the 12" blade.

It's now sitting in my garage waiting for the secondary log store build :roll:

If there are any other questions about it I can help with/try and answer for you...

Maybe I just got a 'Friday' one, YMMV

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, that was my fear - its no good if it is not accurate, I will keep looking. Anyone recommend a better saw?

RichardG

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Bosch GCM 8 SJL 216mm which I’m happy with. It has a 70mm depth cut which is very good for a 216mm blade saw. My only issue is the size of the thing, the 312mm cut means the rails stick out the back a long way. I have thought a number of times about looking for a replacement using fixed rails but have never found anything in a similar price range that matched. Looks like you may be after a much greater but though if you’re considering 12 inch saws?