Charity sale of tools at David Stanley auction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Gibbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to let people know that I'll be at the David Stanley auction at The Hermitage Leisure Centre, Whitwick, Leics LE67 5EU, to sell tools and books from our workshop to raise funds for the Help For Heroes woodworking workshop at Phoenix House, Catterick. I'm not sure what we'll be selling as some may go in the following auction, but we'd welcome any support. Doors open at 7.30am, but I won't be there on the preview day. More auction details at www.davidstanley.com.

Thanks

Nick

Nick
What a great idea and charity, they were next to me at the Harrogate show. As I understand it they are raising funds to equip a new woodworking shop for the injured soldiers, I can't think of a better cause to be supporting :!: Is the auction this week? I do have and would happily donate some of my old kit but don't know how I could get it to them in time.
Will you be doing anything later in the year with them?
Thanks for the heads up and keeping it in the public eye.
Cheers and have a good new year Peter

David Stanley have an auction tomorrow, but I am only going as a trial to see how it might work having a small charity element, perhaps regularly. Their auctions happen every month or two: I think they have eight this year. My plan is to take tools up that will either be sold on the day, or kept by the Stanleys for the next one and put in the catalogue. It has to be very simple, and I will talk to them about delivering the tools to them etc… tomorrow if other people are going to contribute.

Obviously we'll advertise dates in the mag and through our e-Bulletin.

David Stanley have offered to waive their fee for charity sales. I think we can bring them publicity and possibly extra visitors, so there might be a benefit to them, but I want to make sure this idea is sustainable and not a trial for any party, otherwise it won't survive.

I'm also thinking that any tools and books we can't sell through the auction could be donated to Men in Sheds. There is a branch in Milton Keynes I'm visiting on Friday after the auction. Another option are Tools for Self Reliance or the other organisations that send tools to Africa.

Thanks for offering to help. I don't have space to warehouse tools before the auction, so we will have to consider other plans if other woodworkers want to donate tools. Perhaps like us they could take them to one sale to be sold in the next one, or something like that. Sorry to ramble!!!

Nick

Back