Charging a mobile phone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Smart

Chestnut Products
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Mobile phones are often the bane of my life...

I'm having trouble getting my mobile to charge. I've tried a range of new/different chargers and they don't seem to make any difference. When left on ovenight to charge, the battery will charge for a while (anything from a few seconds to a few hours) and then stop, then start up again sometime later.
It could be a connection problem, maybe the contacts on the bottom of the phone are worn (I've tried cleaning them) - the contacts on the charger 'push' against the contacts on the phone, rather than being of the plug in variety - but I'm wondering if the battery could be the cause of this problem. Is this sort of problem typical of a 'past-it' battery?
Any ideas gratefully accepted before I give in and just get a new phone.

Thanks!

HI Terry

If it does the same on different chargers it is either the phone or battery these days it is cheaper to get a new phone than a new battery. Have a look at carphone wharehouse and vodaphone they have some good deals at the moment.

By the way I Like the dome mops.

john

Definitely sounds like the battery.
If you like the phone it might be worth a quick look on ebay for an after-market battery, but as John said there are good deals on new phones at the moment - even on smart phones so you can pick up your email at shows!

<techie note>You really don't want to know about the charging state machine for a mobile phone - it's way too hard!</techie note>

Back