changing a 3 phase wall saw to single phase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a face mount motor. Need to get it off and make sure that the mounting positions and shaft length are standard before ordering a motor

Hello Bob
Thank you for the Induction motor information , I've printed it off and had a good read of it last night, lots of info on there ,at the moment we're going to test the motor, if we're lucky we'll try an inverter on it , thank you for your patience with my computer skills Bob . All the best Des

Just to clarify, you are aware that to run that motor on an inverter you will either need a voltage converting inverter (240v in 415v out) or to convert the motor to delta connection.
With out one or othe rof these, the motor will still run but only with 1/3 of the power (1HP) and virtually useless.

Just to clarify, you are aware that to run that motor on an inverter you will either need a voltage converting inverter (240v in 415v out) or to convert the motor to delta connection.
With out one or othe rof these, the motor will still run but only with 1/3 of the power (1HP) and virtually useless.

Hello All
We have now had our motor returned , it has been checked and its all O K , there is a photo of it with the tails brought to the fore for connection, I will try and e.mail it to you, but bare with me . Thank you all once again desmo11225

So ............... someone that knows what they’re doing will now be able to connect it up.
Stuart (the owner of Delta) was actually very helpful - he spent time going through what I need to get it up and running and gave me the name and number for an electrician that can do it.
image0.jpeg

Hello all, I-hope you are getting my e mails now , I've posted a few days ago now , I am hoping to get a bit more info now that we've had good news about the motor , there's an awe full lot of work to do before we get the Holzher 1205 into full working order and I 'll keep you posted on our progress . Look after yourselves everyone. desmo11225

Hello everyone we have a little video of the welder we've found , welding in situ with his own gear , he's been straightening and welding the frame , while we are hoping our German neighbour will fix us up with a Siemens inverter rather than go for a Chinese one , the price difference is very minimal , would you agree with that ??????? Im un able to upload the video of the welding. Im sure I could email it. Let me know if you would like me to? All the best desmo11225

Hello everyone we have a little video of the welder we've found , welding in situ with his own gear , he's been straightening and welding the frame , while we are hoping our German neighbour will fix us up with a Siemens inverter rather than go for a Chinese one , the price difference is very minimal , would you agree with that ??????? Im un able to upload the video of the welding. Im sure I could email it. Let me know if you would like me to? All the best desmo11225
Minimal price difference between Chinese and Siemens inverter? Maybe if the latter were second-hand...

Thank's guineafowl , I will keep you posted as we go along but I still cannot send our little video to the forum but I 'll keep trying to find help to send it , it's not really important though. But I see there are 3,000 views so I'll do my best to be helpful to all members . Once again look after your selves in this major lockdown . desmo11225

Thank's guineafowl , I will keep you posted as we go along but I still cannot send our little video to the forum but I 'll keep trying to find help to send it , it's not really important though. But I see there are 3,000 views so I'll do my best to be helpful to all members . Once again look after your selves in this major lockdown . desmo11225
Sorry ,2,000 not 3,000

Hello everyone , I still have failed to send our video to you , at the moment our German friend is going to Germany for Christmas ??????? her brother has the inverter and she will bring it back with her ??????? if the virus is willing , untill then there is no news !!!!!! Try to have a good Christmas and take care. desmo11245

Hello everyone, I have moved to Norfolk now to be with my Son and Daughter in my old age , so , I wont be involved with the Holzher wall saw any more, at the moment we are waiting for the for a converter to be brought from Germany ,which hope fully will do the trick , I am sorry I wont be able to follow this project which would help our colleagues on the forum but time has caught up with me and I wish you all a Happy New Year and hope 2021 will be much better . desmo11225

Latest posts

Back