Quantcast

Champion pillar drill painting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Tanglefoot20

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening

I have just received an old champion no2 pillar drill....it really needs a clean up and paint...
I am wondering if I should or could paint it with smooth black hammerite....
It is the old grey colour and I think it’s been washed over with some sort of other grey...
Any ideas would be good to hear...

Steve

TFrench

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I'm not a fan of hammerite, its expensive and hard to get a good finish with it. I tend to use paragon paints enamels if I want a specific colour, or my local agricultural merchant if a "near enough" tractor colour will do!

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score

Tanglefoot20

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I'm not a fan of hammerite, its expensive and hard to get a good finish with it. I tend to use paragon paints enamels if I want a specific colour, or my local agricultural merchant if a "near enough" tractor colour will do!
Thanks for the reply....

I have looked at the Paragon machine colours range....very nice too. It’s just a shame they don’t do 500ml tins...I don’t fancy wasting loads of paint. The drill is not very big.....but being ex RR engineer I find it interesting....

Steve

Bm101

Lean into the curve.
Reaction score
What's that you say? 500ml? :)

I painted my drill with it and was really impressed with the 3 part system. You need the right colour undercoat so check.