Chainsaw Turning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first vid is excellent, they say there is a fine line between madness and a genius. He certainly falls onto the genius side, if I had tried to do that they would call me mad!! I'm still laughing at the microwave oven, I can just imagine the looks I would get building my own one of those hehe.

Hi Tam, a turner over here Liam o' Neill who is a founder member of IWG. AND is the person who came up with the tool grind that Elsworth likes to call his, has now started to make large turnings and carvings using chainsaws.

He has a web site and I'm sure there was something on the Tube about his work. Most of the state owned properties have a piece of his on display, which probley cost more than the building. :lol:

I have seen a video of his and it really is worth watching.

Hope you are well.

Another one using a chainsaw here.
The interesting thing is how he split the lathe, turned the headstock 180degrees and used seperate beds for the tailstock and banjo

duncanh":b26cnybj said:
Another one using a chainsaw here.
The interesting thing is how he split the lathe, turned the headstock 180degrees and used seperate beds for the tailstock and banjo

I like the bit when, as he cranks that darned thing up to 500 rpm, he flips that flimsy face shield down, as if that'd do anything useful if that bad boy decided to jump chucks!

Cool vid though, thanks.

Back