Chainsaw Guidance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by the price I guess you mean this is one to avoid? This system looks perfect for me, would you have a suggestion for where to buy from?
If you look at the genuine Power Sharp offering the stone is much longer therefore goes further around the nose of the bar, hence the chain, Amazon look fairly reliable, but you need to get the right bar length and fitting for you chainsaw: PowerSharp Combo | Oregon Products

Its a clever idea and I dont know anything about chain tooth geometry but I know that on my regular chains I touch up the teeth with the dremel but after a while I still find its not cutting so well, so I then give the tops of the little hook teeth which I beleive are there to regulate the depth of cut a touch too and away we go again. The Powersharp system has a radically different chain, with the top of the teeth being ground but isnt it ultimatly grinding both teeth and depth guides to the same height,,and if so would you find that as the teeth are sharpened the performance falls off untill it doesnt cut after sharpening?
Steve.

Back