Chain sharpener - worth a look?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A chainsaw wielding friend has a similar cheapo grinder & thinks it’s the bees knees for the money , it’s certainly fast Judging by how quickly he can sharpen a chain

They are good to rescussitate a warn chain that has been sharpened unevenly. I wouldn't use it every time, but a quick spritz every now and then works wonders. I must get one. At the moment I take mine in for a "professional" grind when necessary - usually when they start cutting in circles, which is annoying.

Bit of a pain to have to take your chain off each time you wanted to sharpen it, though.
Many occasional users find it easier. I've used them off and on for fifty years and never used a guide. For doing any amount I always used three or four chains at the same time and changed them over rather than sharpening them so they were off the bar anyway, and if damaged rather than just touched up they're easier filed accurately in a vice

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ferrex-chainsaw-sharpener/p/704873373277900
The subject of chain sharpeners crops up from time to time - this has to be worth a look.
Bit of a pain to have to take your chain off each time you wanted to sharpen it, though.
Many occasional users find it easier. I've used them off and on for fifty years and never used a guide. For doing any amount I always used three or four chains at the same time and changed them over rather than sharpening them so they were off the bar anyway, and if damaged rather than just touched up they're easier filed accurately in a vice
Guys how would you feel if i asked angie to create a new section on chainsaws and milling as there are various threads on here in the last few weeks on the same subject.Be nice to put it all in one place thanks les

Ask her to put all the covid threads into one at the same time please. Also she could threaten to excommunicate anyone who starts yet another one. :)
Leave it with me phillip and i am not getting any notifications of these posts on any thread.To be fair its all new but i mod on other forums and it can take some time to get used to new software. Had a member off arbtalk wanting to join the forum and says he had to pay ?? is this correct ?

No. The payment is voluntary - you can see who paid by the blue UKW supporter panel under the user name. I paid because I'd always said I had no objection to a small subscription for something I used so often. If someone make a few bob out of it and keeps the forum up to date, great. It was stagnant before. (I was joking about the covid, though).

I am not sure whether there is enough threads to warrant a whole section on chainsaws and milling, although I do find the discussions interesting. With that said, it doesn't bother me whether there is a section or not, I use "new posts" for new stuff, and "search" when I think that there is probably info on the forum on a subject. I dont really look at which forum anything is on.

What would be good (hint @topchippyles :cool: ) would be a start to finish WIP on chainsaw milling, with a bit of discussion on safety and equipment, finishing with correct stacking and seasoning.

An extra section or sub section takes up no room on a forum and keeps it all in one place but the feedback is good thanks marcross

I used to use a Dremmel attachment then bought one of these : Stihl 2 in 1

After using this I have thrown the Dremmel stuff away. It is so easy to use, takes less than 5 minutes, can be used away from electrical outlets, and leaves the chain factory sharp.

Latest posts

Back