CH10 Nu tool pillar drill Chuck removal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenboy-01

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Searched high and low for this answer to as yet to no avail, are you able to help out with this.

Regards ken

It's a screw on. I think there should be a left handed screw inside the chuck jaws. I'm not sure if there is another thread on the end of the arbor or not. if there is then chuck a bolt up with the head sticking out and use a spanner to undo it (should be left handed too).

you'll need a way to lock out the spindle from the top.

Thanks for that I will give it a whirl I was not sure if it was morse tapered or screwed and now I know, onca again thanks

Hi Well try as i may I cannot shift this chuck ,but what is puzzling me is the question of right or left handed thread , when switched on chuck rotates in a clockwise direction this would indicate to me that it is indeed a right hand thread or am i barking up the wrong tree I got in touch with the chuck manufacturer and they advised that it is a knock off method to remove, this cannot be as I can see the begining of the thread thats holding the chuck on but nether the less i tried this but to no avail, any other thoughts on this would be welcome

this dude is taking one apart (with big manly tools, grrr)
about 4.20 he knocks to quill/arbor out, you can see it's rather spindly (also a good word for it, maybe the right one, it's early) and very unlikely to be a morse taper as it simple wouldn't fit inside it.
if it is a "knock off" then it's on a very short straight sided or tapered internal to the chuck and to be honest, you don't stand a chance of removing it in the machine it's a spindle out kind of job.

your right I'm wrong. the internal screw is left hand, this would be right hand, I apologies, no excuses I shall be reprimanded.

if the bolt trick isn't working then chuck up a big old hex wrench (allen key for us normal people), the flats will help, even better if you've got a socket set type. for the sake of a circlip you could knock the spindle out to get a better grip on it.

oh yer, the video. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJqB6Oe58Aw

novocaine":22yno147 said:
this dude is taking one apart (with big manly tools, grrr)
about 4.20 he knocks to quill/arbor out, you can see it's rather spindly (also a good word for it, maybe the right one, it's early) and very unlikely to be a morse taper as it simple wouldn't fit inside it.
if it is a "knock off" then it's on a very short straight sided or tapered internal to the chuck and to be honest, you don't stand a chance of removing it in the machine it's a spindle out kind of job.

you're right I'm wrong. the internal screw is left hand, this would be right hand, I apologies, no excuses I shall be reprimanded. I shall sit in the corner with my nu tools DPF20 that does have a morse taper and wimper to myself about easy chuck replacement. :twisted: (hammer) (sorry, uncalled for)

if the bolt trick isn't working then chuck up a big old hex wrench (allen key for us normal people), the flats will help, even better if you've got a socket set type. for the sake of a circlip you could knock the spindle out to get a better grip on it.

oh yer, the video. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJqB6Oe58Aw

forgot to mention, if you can't turn it, you are going to need a bit of percussive assistance. big old mallet or if you have one, an impact gun.

At Last, grat tip about using a large allen key in the the chuck I removed top pulley and and gripped saft with mole grips (Protected) and used a bit of milsd steel box section on the allen key and using a fair amount of force of it came and indeed it turned out to be secured on a tapered shaft, after thoroughly cleaning inside of chuck and recieving spindle, replaced but there is still to much run off so I am going to replace the bearings in due course, that looks pretty straight forward?, once again thankyou.

Back