Ceramic frying pan

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They all seem to lose non-stick properties after a while. Especially if someone uses a wire wool pad to clean them! I am using one that was marketed on the back of Jamie Oliver. It's too big for my hob really, but it's lasting well, doesn't stick and scrambles eggs beautifully. I use a wooden or plastic spatula religiously mind. So far no sticking.

John 8)

We have a cheapie non stick from Ikea. It's been one of the best we've had in forty years. Cleans up ok, and using a scourer designed for ceramics is fine if something does stick.

Nigel.

Hmmm...

My new pans arrived yesterday. Strange thing is, they don't seem to have a 'Made in...' mark nor a CE mark. Should they? The only info they came with is here (not that you can read it all, but no marks on the packing nor the pans).
IMG_2138.jpg

And here's the link to the pans on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00P8D548C? ... E_DDE_dt_1
Thanks for any thoughts.

ps The pans are apparently 'reinforced' with ceramic to resist scratching - is that the same as a ceramic pan?!

Attachments

• IMG_2138.jpg
    IMG_2138.jpg
    930.1 KB · Views: 125
Thanks Andy. I was surprised at the lack of info that came with it but know nothing about CE and whether or not where it's made is required. 'Swiss technology' doesn't mean much. I don't even know if it's a ceramic frying pan!

Back