Central heating timer replacement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the photos.... looks straightforward, especially if the brackets are compatible (oh wouldn't that be so sweet)
I notice that the warrantee has expired.... so I won't be invalidating that.
timer1.JPG

timer2.JPG

Attachments

• timer1.JPG
    timer1.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 141
  • timer2.JPG
    timer2.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 141
That's an intriguing set of wiring you have there !

The two terminals on the left are the L and N feed for the timer. But then there seems to be another pair looped off from those to go ...where ? Not that it affects your plans...just my curiosity.

You've got a separate live feed coming in (wonder where from ?) for your boiler contact. Terminal 5 is the switched live then feeding your boiler depending on your timer.

Just be damn sure (I know you will) that the power is off when you make the change.

Thanks Roger, I had not even thought of those extras...... I assumed that since the heating had been switching on and off fine for five years all was hunky-dory. I was distracted by the thought that I might get away without any rewiring - it looks like a 'plug and play' fitment.

I certainly will switch off the leccy to that box when I swap over. I dont trust electrickery.

Thanks to all the input I finally (thanks to parcel farce) have a thermostat in the dining room operating the central heating by radio. I went for another Drayton unit, and did not even need to change the wall unit. Sweet!

Looks easy enough to program (as these things go) but have it on standard settings for now.

So a big thanks for the nudge that these existed.

Back