central heating oil - what price are people paying?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got a top-up of 500 litres from my usual supplier. I've tried shopping around in the past but there was little in it and as we've got a long history with them I know that I can usually pick the phone up and get it within a couple of days. So I just picked up the phone and ordered as usual.

But....had a gulp at the current price ...39.5p per litre...and so I wondered what other UK folk are paying for theirs?

Is oil subject to seasonal variations....so it would be cheaper in the summer and dearer in the autumn/winter. I ask because our planned move to Devon seems to mean having to deal with oiul or LPG.

regards
Alan

I took a delivery of 2000 litres on 11/11/05. Price was 29.95 pence per litre (inc. VAT).

It certainly used to be that purchasing heating oil in spring/summer was cheaper than in autumn/winter, but that seems to have gone by the board now, with retail prices being much more dictated by the prevailing price of crude.

Cheers,

Trev.

I paid 30.5p per litre at the beginning of August for 2000 litres, that was with crude oil at $61 a barrel. I had to shop around for this price and haggle a bit.
I called my supplier two weeks ago with oil prices droping, he told me min delivery would be 900 litres & that he would charge me 32.9p per litre.

Sounds like the summer/winter policy may still apply, then, Mike. :wink:
I have also found that, expectedly, smaller deliveries cost more per litre. My supplier delivers a minimum order of 900 litres.

:shock: The price you paid does seem very high, Roger.

Cheers,

Trev.

Roger Sinden":cbggnyxd said:
But....had a gulp at the current price ...39.5p per litre...and so I wondered what other UK folk are paying for theirs?
As of 15/11 :arrow: 38.85p :shock: But that was only 770 litres - the old man believes in keeping everything topped up, rather than waiting for bulk discount. :roll: Pretty sure the supplier is far from the cheapest too, but ever since they rescued us when the oil tank burst on a Sunday evening gratitude keeps us loyal. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Roger,

Callow Fuels, 1 Reynard Close, Rotherwas Ind. Estate, Hereford, HR2 6LD
Telephone: 01432 278262 Fax: 01432 264328

Oh, and a coupon in our local Parish mag. gives a fiver off each bill, too.

Cheers,

Trev.

Latest posts

Back