CE Marking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs C

Established Member
Reaction score
A friend has been asked to make several replacement windows for old properties over the the last few years. He won’t care, but I am curious about the regulations pertaining to items that would normally need Ce marking.

From what I have read micro organisations are exempt (I.e. less than 10 employees) and it is the fitting that should be done by someone who is appropriately registered.

Does this sound about right or have I missed something? How do you document your ‘exemptness’ status?

I am assuming this also applies to other things, not just windows?

Surely that’s the UKCA mark these days :unsure: Retreats to bunker before the pro & anti Brexit boys arrive⛑

I don’t know who told you that, but it’s really wrong. Safety applies to everyone, regulations apply to situations and products as applicable, no exceptions.

Windows are outside my area so I don’t know what regulations apply. There is a general safety clause in UKCA that applies to anything sold.

That said, it’s not hard to demonstrate compliance and have all the paperwork in order once you know which ones you need

Back