Cavity wall insulation removal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartpaul

Established Member
Reaction score
Further investigation of a damp issue (core drilling) shows wet fibre glass insulation so removal required.

This is on the weather exposed elevation and I’m wondering if only that elevation requires removal or the whole property (bungalow)?

Anyone have any experience of removal and indication of costs?

I had the urea formaldehyde foam insulation removed from my three bedroom semi about eleven years ago due to dampness. The whole house was done and the cost back then was about £1000. I have not had the insulation replaced, and have not had a damp issue since.

Nigel.

We had ours removed due to bridging creating damp. It was taken out about 6 months ago.

cost about 2k from memory, taken out by the same people who put it in (make of that what you will). Main body of the house cleared, only the extension remaining and that had insulation from new rather than injected. our house now looks like it's got chicken pox.

I won't be putting it back in. It is correct to install in a new build with non porous bricks, not in a 90 year old house with bricks made of sponge. while you are having it removed ask them if they can clear the cavity footing too. Something we should have had done but are now seeing evidence that they didn't. the bottom below grade up to around 4" above the DPC is filled with rubbish, which really isn't helping with damp.

Back