Caution - Banggood delivery charge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh Brian

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Almost ordered Drill Pro Brass Handled Mitre with Alu bar for £63.34 - a product I would want and a good price. 3 weekish delivery from China which for almost every other product is free but this item had a £71.77 delivery charge listed further down the page. Would have been easy to miss - lots have been ordered and I wonder how many missed the some what excessive delivery charge (in my opinion)

wouldn't everybody notice this when you go to pay and it is £70 more than expected?

They seem to be up front about it unless you are hiding your location:

https://www.banggood.com/Drillpro-U...-p-1614905.html?cur_warehouse=CN&rmmds=search
yk4r3oI.png

They do say shipping via EU and not direct to UK, hence the massive cost hike atm

Totally agree that it is not hidden, but just wanted to add a warning - I can not believe that all those who have purchased actually have noticed!

As an aside, which mitre guide would people recommend? Like the look of the Kreg but quite expensive....

The mitre gauge that came with my Scheppach table saw has a bit of "slack" in the runner. Anyway to tighten it?

I ordered one back in early December. It never arrived. I had to ask for a refund. I brought loads of tool from Banggood (usually recommended) and never had a problem and always good quality.

Easy to miss? Really? It's right there on the page, surely you double check the total before clicking "Buy".

I ordered something similar from another of the British/Chinese co-operative ventures in December 2020 and it hasn't arrived yet. Grrrr.

Guessing the numbers they deal in, I guess it's not unexpected that some go astray. I do note a small 'insurance' charge is levied,
perhaps you could test this out @Davey44 ?
Thanks pe2dave, you're probably right. The tracking shows its route from one place to another in China, then simply says - "Leaving China!" Then when I challenged them, they sent me an unintelligible list (presumably in Chinese) which was no use whatever. Ah well, back to PayPal to process for a refund I guess!

Back