Cast Iron rust inhibiter/wax

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowfax

Established Member
Reaction score
I know we have done this subject before but I have forgotten the name of the finish that Axminster sells (amongst others) that is supposed to be the best thing for keeping rust away from cast iron surfaces while at the same time making them nice and slippery.
Any ideas? I can't find a link in the search feature - or rather I probably can but it throws up "hundreds" of them!

SF

FWIW, I use bog standard wax paste on my bandsaw and router table. It's plenty slippery enough for the pass especially under the holdown/comb fence on the router table. I rewax couple times a year. If your workshops not lined/insulated you may suffer more from condensation so need to reapply wax more regularly.

I always leave some sawdust under the table saw (I have an open base Scheppach TKU), as I reckon it's helps keep the humidity low in the workshop.

ike":3elrdhjn said:
I always leave some sawdust under the table saw (I have an open base Scheppach TKU), as I reckon it's helps keep the humidity low in the workshop.
Yeah, that's my excuse too and i'm sticking with it! :lol:
regards,
Philly :D

Thanks guys.
Saved me some time searchng there.
Alf, I think you were right. Liberon was the stuff I was thinking of.
The other ideas are great ones, too, but I was just puzzled about one particular product.
What's all this about sawdust under the table saw? I thought it just went everywhere!

SF

Back