Cascamite

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any news on Cascamite? Does it work now? Are people still having problems?
Is there any news on Cascamite? Does it work now? Are people still having problems?

Hi.

This is a new one to me as I am not aware of any problems providing conditions are dry and not cold,I have used cascamite since the early sixties and used it in the last six months. I will be interested in the following views.
Clive.

Aerolite seems to be what people are switching to. I do think Polyvines osterich like arrogance about the problem has cost them a large part of their market share and once people switch they rarely go back.

Aerolite seems to be what people are switching to. I do think Polyvines osterich like arrogance about the problem has cost them a large part of their market share and once people switch they rarely go back.
Aerolite 306 2 part glue? Or oneshot? You have to buy 3kg if I'm not mistaken.

That must be very recent then, as when I contacted them and others I know they denied and swore blind there was no problem, that they knew of. i think they have had a significant drop in sales and are doing the usual big corporation thing

I recently used up the balance of an 5yr old batch of Cascamite kept in vacuum bags. It worked fine, but given the concerns over the current supplies I tried Semforite from www.maragon.co uk. It works pretty much the same and I'm happy with it, particularly for its long open time and lubricity on more complicated glue ups - they're stressful enough without glue-freeze and the resultant pounding to close up joints

At the moment I wouldn’t touch it with a glue stick,let me down twice last year.
I haven't used Cascamite since the late 60' early 70's until this last week. I dont ever remember it being difficult to mix but this "new" Cascamite was very difficult. The instructions say small lumps will soon disappear but after 5 mins vigorous mixing and crushing there were still lumps. On the upside the adhesion seems to be very good.

Latest posts

Back