Cascamite WBP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you're right, in my case a good liberal waxing of most items improved their general appearance, and gathered in all those scratches and covered over/brought into line, years of poor colouring and patches, poor repairs......in just a few minutes !

I have mixed artists acrylic paint into cascamite in the past. I mixed the glue as normal and then added dark brown to colour it. I was glueing some beautiful burr veneer and it had a few little holes that would let the glue through. It worked a treat, had no effect on the strength of the joint and saved a lot of messing about after. Thanks Peter for the tip on Aerolite 4145. I’ve had trouble with cascamite lately and had no joy talking to polyvine about it.

This problem with cascamite has been ongoing for over a year now. I think Polyvine are about to find they have lost a huge percentage of market share over this

I have also given up on Cascamite. Yesterday I received 1kg of Semforite UF resin waterproof wood glue. It comes in two poly bags. I've separated them into smaller bags and then into sealable tubs. I planed and then glued two small pieces of pallet wood together and I will leave them exposed to the elements for the winter months. Nothing scientific. Waterproof wood glue, UF resin powdered timber adhesive...Semforite, Resintite

Any links for best price aerolite one shot pls? Or recommendations for alternatives; I generally work quite small scale. Thanks

Back