Quantcast

Carving section?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

matmac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hay im currently a student at a furniture school and the general information on this site is amazing, but its lacking anything specific to carvers. not meaning to be cheeky but would be realy interesting to have a specific section like the turners or scroll saw users. Just an idea. Gerenally really useful resource tho, thank you very much.
Matt

adidat

Established Member
Reaction score
i can only really remember 1 project in the last 12 months that had traditional carving in it (correct me if im wrong). and this was a set of mediaeval thrones in walnut by one of our canadian members. they were fantastic. but i doubt we need another specific area for such topic

adidat

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Matt, thanks for the suggestion.
Much as Adidat has said I can't see there being much interest. About the only barometer we can use is the how often subjects/topics that do not have a dedicated board pop up on the general boards and to date the incidence of carving posts has been very low. Personally I don't recall any over the past few years other than perhaps the odd mention as a small aspect in the building of some furniture.
Certainly, if this situation changes we can always review matters.