Cartridge for Sip 01924 dust collector

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOTTNICK

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been (easily) persuaded by a friend that I ought to replace the ineffective bag with a superior paper cartridge. I am fed up with dust blasting out when I start it up. It seems that the cost is well worthwhile.

Unfortunately my Sip 01924 seems too have a 305mm diameter bag and I cannot locate anything that will fit.

I see Charnwood produce a 375mm cartridge.

I am wondering if:
1. Anyone knows of a cartridge that would fit or
2. Comments as to the effectiveness of adapting the machine so it would take the larger Charnwood version.

Thanks
Nick

Those type of filters can be adapted by making a ring of MDF/plywood that sits on the DC.

I would never use them because I don't like the idea of a paddle wiping the pleats inside eventually causing holes, unverifiable claims of the filtration levels and the poor construction. I had a bunch of clogged Donaldson Torrit filters the company I worked for was throwing out. I took them to a filter cleaning company and had them cleaned to within 2% airflow of a new filter. The guy doing the cleaning won't touch the Asian filters from DC's because they disintegrate in his machine. The industrial filters can be cleaned 3 or 4 times before they won't pass the flow tests or get holes. This thread came up about industrial filters and I'm sure there are more suppliers in your neck of the woods. Be sure to mention your application has the air flowing from the inside out. Opposite from most industrial machines.
Pete

source-for-filters-for-clear-vue-pentz-type-dust-systems-t37476.html

I have the same dust collector as you and fitted a metabo fine filter cartridge, I believe that Record do one that is almost the same as well. Mine fits with just a single strip of door sealer, if you do get it you will really notice the difference.

Ian

Ian
That sounds great, thanks.
I don’t suppose you could let me have more details (model number?) to make sure I get the correct filter.
Cheers
Nick

Nick just been to look and sadly no stickers or markings, I know Metabo and record do extractors that are similar to the 01924.

Ian

Check out the filters for the SPA 1200, I pretty sure this is the one I have.

Hey Ian
I got one and it came today. Did as you said with door sealer and it is a perfect fit. Works so well and definitely seems to have more power now. Your help here was invaluable thanks so much.

Brilliant Nick so glad it was the right one, I find that I need to clean the filter normally every time I change the bag, keeps it going for a while, I turn it upside down and place a bag over the hole and give it a good shake up.

I have a paper filter on my Axminster FM300BC, this has a rotating handle on the top to flick the paper folds to release any dust accumulated, being a see through collection bag its always amazing how much dust falls into the bag at the end of a cutting session when using the handle, I think leaving cleaning the filter until a bag change may not be the best idea.

Mike

All good advice, thanks. I suppose it depends a bit whether I am doing a lot of sanding, or if I am planing. The latter can fill a bag in minutes!
What I shall do though is monitor the filter rather than leave things to chance. I am seriously impressed with the increased power of the unit though, I suppose the large surface area means that air can escape far easier.
Cheers
Nick

Latest posts

Back