Cartref.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No woodaxed, it isn't. The coldest weather this winter has been minus 2, we have had no drought, we have had no snow and a lovely warm sunny spring! (Gloat over!)

Roy.

Digit":1t7pg3b8 said:
No woodaxed, it isn't. The coldest weather this winter has been minus 2, we have had no drought, we have had no snow and a lovely warm sunny spring! (Gloat over!)

Roy.

Well, if it isn't photoshopped, I reckon the man had a very strong filter on his lens. :shock:

The colours may be enhanced Gordon or it might be the printing/copying procedures, but I think you get the idea. According to my outside thermometer it is currently 15 degrees, I'm in shirt sleeves.
Woodaxed lives in Berkshire, I lived in a village in the Lambourn Valley and it's a cold county!
We have had Geraniums, Fuschias etc out doors over winter and most have survived with just the protection of a hedge.

Roy.

Digit":gpdtcwgv said:
The colours may be enhanced Gordon or it might be the printing/copying procedures, but I think you get the idea. According to my outside thermometer it is currently 15 degrees, I'm in shirt sleeves.
Woodaxed lives in Berkshire, I lived in a village in the Lambourn Valley and it's a cold county!
We have had Geraniums, Fuschias etc out doors over winter and most have survived with just the protection of a hedge.

Roy.

Hmm,

In theory, its 15 degrees here too. I reckon the weather man isn't standing in an open field with the wind tearing across from the north. In shirt sleeves we ain't. Thermals more like.

Temperatures here can be very misleading Gordon, thermometers of course read air temp, but the air here is clean off the Atlantic with no dust etc so the sun shine can be very hot despite the thermomenter showing only 15 degrees.
Each year this catches tourists out, with the result that many suffer serious sun burn.

Roy.

Digit":dol82k25 said:
Temperatures here can be very misleading Gordon, thermometers of course read air temp, but the air here is clean off the Atlantic with no dust etc so the sun shine can be very hot despite the thermomenter showing only 15 degrees.
Each year this catches tourists out, with the result that many suffer serious sun burn.

Roy.

I always knew Wales was a dangerous place 8)

Rainingcatsdogs.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ours is either off the Alantic or the Med, but which ever way it can be quite windy and sometimes quite wet :shock:

Like wise here, fortunately I live at the bottom of steep valley and avoid most of the wind and the majority of the rain falls on the surrounding hills.

Roy.

Digit":1avdfzo8 said:
Spectacular! Would I be correct in saying that that is Limestone country?

This is my view looking south..
http://www.visitpembrokeshire.com/picvi ... e_id=10101

http://www.visitpembrokeshire.com/picvi ... e_id=10102

and I live about 3 miles from the sea...

http://www.cardiganshirecoastandcountry ... an-bay.php

...the sea is to my west.

Roy.

I only know the valleys and the north coast - we used to holiday there quite a lot. A friend, who has a house here, lives in Barmouth which is not a million miles away from you - that certainly seems a pretty good place to live. The only thing I miss living here is the sea. The nearest bit to us looks like a bad English seaside postcard.

I thought that I had posted this before we took the dog for a VERY cold walk? Senior moment??

Our nearest sea is about an hour East along the A61 autoroute, the Med. Our nearest beach is Carcassonne plage about 8 miles also. They imported tens of thousands of tons of sand and pebbles and made 3 or 4 beaches around this lake

http://www.carcassonne-tourisme.com/Car ... enDocument

About a 6K walk around it and the one and only time I have seen a fly orchid. A lovely place.

Have you ever attempted to identify Orchids? What a game, we have them here on the roadside and on the cliff tops and trying to work out which they are is very difficult I find.

Roy.

Yes Roy. They grow all over the place and lots of different ones. We get yellow ophrys, plough-share serapias, early spider orchids, bee orchids and autumn ladies tresses in the garden. Locally there are thousands of lady orchids, military orchids and lizard orchids, early purple, fragrant and some as you say are very difficult to identify. In some places you can't walk between them and if you try then all you can smell is wild tyme and lavender!

Lady orchid
DSC02187.jpg

Lizard jobbie
Lizardorchid.jpg

Yellow ophrys
DSC02412.jpg

We have a very good book to help us. It's called "Field Guide to Orchids of Britain and Europe" by Carl Peter Butler. It has very good photos in it and quite a lot of info for a small-ish book.

One thing I understand about Orchids as that appantly they cross fertilise, hence the problem. Who'd live in a town eh?
A few years ago we had a Rook nest in one of the Scots Pines in our garden, we've now got a full sized Rookery!
Solved the Magpie and Grey Squirrel problem, they don't like it up 'em!

Roy.

woodaxed":2k5qe42s said:
Photoshopped

Nah! When I stayed in Narberth it was just like that on a Sunny day! Honest.
You really have to spend some time there to appreciate what that part of Wales is like. A fortnit wasn't enough really, but what a fortnit!

:D :D :D

Back