Cartref.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most tourists turn up here in the last week in July and first week in August John, which is the start of our rainy season, the previous three months are dryer. Also our rain tends to be local and heavy.
It gives people the wrong impression on occasion, it's that mild here our local farmers can get four cuts for hay/silage etc and cattle are out in the fields throughout the winter.
But it depends also where you are, it was windy in Cardigan today but much more sheltered here, only four miles away, then again, the Preseli Hills can be beautiful on a sunny day and plain dangerous during bad weather.
The sea at Aberporth today was a beautiful blue, but full of 'white horses' from the wind.

Roy.

Well strictly speaking Roy, I wasn't a tourist. A few years ago I took a 10 day course with a local artist, near Tenby. I must have been lucky. The weather was glorious, the food scrumptious, and the class? Great! I was the only male! :D :D :D

The problem with food served here John is that I find each serving is enough for two!
Yes I know that Wales has a rep for being wet, and yes it is, particularly along the western edge, but we get glorious days as well, and if you're into astronomy, clear skies as well.

Roy.

Digit":1sbqojic said:
The problem with food served here John is that I find each serving is enough for two!
Yes I know that Wales has a rep for being wet, and yes it is, particularly along the western edge, but we get glorious days as well, and if you're into astronomy, clear skies as well.

Roy.

Shurrup! I am envious enough already! :D :D :D

Enough to feed two? Not preggers are we :twisted: :twisted:

We had a holiday at a camp site facing onto Pendyne Sands and because of the wind I pitched the tent behind some trees. Bad move! It was a biggish bell/frame tent and as the wind blew it parted the trees for a few seconds then they sprang back again. The outcome was our expensive 1 year old tent cried enough and the main seam, where it crossed the centre pole split! It also hammered down at times and turned the ground into a quagmire! And as a parting pressie we found a 4" morter on our last walk along the beach before we left. We couldn't find anyone tot ell either because it was lunch time and everywhere was closed!

When we stopped at a pub a few miles away we got talking to a couple of blokes in there and told them. They shot out to go and look for it. They were the bombs-on-the-beach-blokes!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Roy,
I gave up on astronomy (at least practical observing)
I told a Local Councillor about my interest in Astronomy, and mentioned the problem of light pollution; not with any high hopes of anything being done of course.

He said. 'Well can't you just read your horoscope in the papers?' :roll:

Ye Gods! Ain't edification wunnerful?
My wife was a city girl till we moved here, and our first winter she called me outside one night full of excitement to look at something in the night sky.
The Milky Way! She had never seen it before.
I got frozen to death over the next few nights pointing out Venus, some of the Lunar craters, Orion etc
She still goes out and stares.

Roy.

Digit":8s7bk4wj said:
Ye Gods! Ain't edification wunnerful?
My wife was a city girl till we moved here, and our first winter she called me outside one night full of excitement to look at something in the night sky.
The Milky Way! She had never seen it before.
I got frozen to death over the next few nights pointing out Venus, some of the Lunar craters, Orion etc
She still goes out and stares.

Roy.

Lying on deck, in the middle of the Mediterranean, on a clear, summer night. Just gazing up. Unbelievable. If you like that sort of thing. :mrgreen:

It is difficult not to, I agree; although I am remembering it from an HM services perspective, rather than a cruise on 'Daddy's Yacht'. :lol:

Latest posts

Back