Carpenters tool box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice toolbox. As mentioned by others, I made one during my apprenticeship. I think I have it somewhere.

I like the ammo box on the floor.(y)
Ahh that’s got my chainsaw tools in but upgraded to a metal tool box now as I’ve gathered so much stuff over the years lol

I've got 3 of those to store the 3 sizes of nailgun nails that I use, heavy but very useful.
Got a roofer mate does the same thing keeps the water off them they work great for that

If you only had one the 5 1/2 is probably the most useful size for joinery in general.Just a small hatchet with a normal but narrowish head. Used a lot for joinery esp site work - scribing boards mainly and making other things fit - often easier to hack the edge off something rather than sawing it.
As an apprentice in the 60s, I spent hours chopping plugs for fixing skirtings and door casings.

As an apprentice in the 60s, I spent hours chopping plugs for fixing skirtings and door casings.
You still got the axe was it a small sortve boys axe and so between the brickwork you’d put a bit of wood in to be able to nail or screw into then

Absolutely! I'd forgotten about plugs into masonry. A fine art in fact - hammering in the plug and sawing it off to the line for the skirting or door lining. Shows how long it it since I last did it!

You still got the axe was it a small sortve boys axe and so between the brickwork you’d put a bit of wood in to be able to nail or screw into then
Just an ordinary hatchet really, nothing special but a narrowish blade. Hack a bevel on two opposite corners of a 3 or 4 x 1" offcut, chip out mortar with a plugging chisel, hammer in the plug, cut it off at exact desired line.
I took out a series of 14 ft high chapel windows - they were fixed with just 4no 6" nails each side, into oak plugs cut to fit. Dead simple, cheap. very efficient.

Latest posts

Back