Carpenters engineers tool box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brill88

Tom Brill general woodworker and woodsman
Reaction score
So rust blasted stuff it is. I’ve decided to make a small traveling box to protect my tools as I haven’t the wall space for a hanging one and like the option to remove them easily if needed at my main workshop. I’ve turned the garage into a mini hand tool workshop currently much to my partners dismay lol
Thoughts on draws haph blind dovetail joints through dovetails or wedge joints like the Japanese style I can’t decide please help lol
455712C1-B48F-44D7-BE49-50AC2832D2F0.jpeg
6BD51066-F183-480B-A751-8039E6E7F6BC.jpeg

Cant go wrong with a through dovetail on workshop 'stuff'. Slightly quicker than a half lap. I have not seen how the Japanese wedge their drawers? Off to Google it now...

2 weeks ago I final admitted defeat and chucked one of these apprentice boxes away. try as I might I could never find a purpose for it.
the draws were to shallow for storage of anything with a handle, including chisels but also files. I could store 2 planes in the bottom but nothing else and the flappy front meant I couldn't leave it open on the workbench as it took up to much space.

yours looks lovely and I hope you have better fair with it than me.

2 weeks ago I final admitted defeat and chucked one of these apprentice boxes away. try as I might I could never find a purpose for it.
the draws were to shallow for storage of anything with a handle, including chisels but also files. I could store 2 planes in the bottom but nothing else and the flappy front meant I couldn't leave it open on the workbench as it took up to much space.

yours looks lovely and I hope you have better fair with it than me.
Well it’s small so it’ll fit in my bench well then leave tools in the lid I’ve also measured cafuly but mostly carving tools as well as delicate marking gauges and the best planes I have

Back