Car recovery experiences

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score
I was chatting to a recovery driver some time ago and asked what his worst recovery had been. He said he went to one of the holiday camps in Great Yarmouth (nearly as far east as you can go in this country) and had to collect a stranded car and dliver it and passengers to ........... Dundee !!

JimJay

Established Member
Reaction score
Well said.

As for Mr Johnson, he is in many ways quite like Churchill.

Churchill held by today’s standards, very unpleasant ideas, racism being one, but also many other views that would not be tolerated now.

His bigoted opinion of Africans and Indians not being capable of governing themselves and his opinion that he was the greatest expert on India, when he’d only been there once when serving as a junior officer for a few short months is stark.

Churchill was, ( Mr Johnson is not ) and rightly so, a great leader of his country and its people at an important moment in world history.

Churchill, in some small way to his defence, was a product of his time, Mr Johnson has no such defence.
I'm no great fan of Churchill, and I don't really see that the topic is relevant to the original post, but since you mention it, do you seriously think that the governments in the Sub-Continent and Africa ARE capable of running a country or an economy? Idealism is a wonderful thing but not when it blinds us to what is right in front of our eyes. Many European governments and politicians are incompetent, mendacious and dishonest, but they are rank amateurs in those fields when compared to their fellows elsewhere...

Latest posts