car insurance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dickm":15f52nvn said:
They were quite good when I managed to de-sump the Golf on a hump in the road

Common mistake, they are called speed bumps, but you like others have mis-interptreted their names, you're actually meant to go slower over them not speed over them as the name suggests. :lol:

It used to be a case of giving good prices for loyal customers but now it seems there is no accounting for loyalty and you are better off changing compaines regularly for a better price. Having said that car insurance has rocketed this last year. Van insurance even more! :shock: I am paying more than double what I paid for my T5. It is a business insurance though. :roll:

mailee":3hyv7trb said:
It used to be a case of giving good prices for loyal customers but now it seems there is no accounting for loyalty and you are better off changing compaines regularly for a better price. Having said that car insurance has rocketed this last year. Van insurance even more! :shock: I am paying more than double what I paid for my T5. It is a business insurance though. :roll:

I agree that loyalty to an insurer rarely pays.
Also I do the comparison 3-4 weeks before the renewal is due and save the quotations with a couple of the best looking companies ready to compare with the renewal quote.
I have read and can quite believe, that companies offer lower discounts the closer the quote application date is to the required policy start date.

For my 2L diseasel Cmax, two drivers, late 50s, £250 excess I have just been quoted £207 from Churchill - a little less (£198) from LV but hardly worth the hassle of changing so this year for once, I will renew with last years insurer.

Bob

Back