Car boot sale finds

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammy.se

Established Member
Reaction score
Couple of chisels, 25p each. All Sorby branded.

The bevel edge one is good and I'll reserve that for fine work. The other two for rougher work.

And a few files, John Pence, Bedford and Hindustan, India. 50p each.
7492a486b4ea3ea2c6890ac5ba6e7bdb.jpg
abaddf245dfa621d84f1b54843592aec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My only comment there is, you are lucky to find a car boot running

We have just had one start up but its about the worst one around, I will give it a miss for a while yet

Yeah, it was the first week (or could be the second) that the Dunton (Essex) boot sale was running.
It's huge, and I popped along on the way back for another errand.

I just mosey and have a look to see if there are any good old tools around - especially those known brands that people mention on this forum.

I'm pleased with the files I got - I needed some so that has saved me around £15 I reckon.

The chisels were a bargain, so it's nice to have a few alongside my good set that I don't mind bashing a bit.

One day I hope to find some real tool treasure :)

Out of interest, how was it conducted?

ie was it a one way system?

staggered entrance ?

Just curious how they minimised the risk re the virus

Stewards all have masks and gloves;
One way system through the aisles, so that people flow was all going in one direction;
2 metres+ between stalls/tables;
Lots of signs about obeying COVID rules.

However, once you got in, a minority were wearing masks, and a lot of people made no care of social distancing, and people still touching everything on the tables.
I'm not keen to go back in a hurry to be honest.

Thanks for the feedback, much as I expected actually

The organiser of most of our local car boots has lots of rules (pre covid) one in several locations say no dogs under any circumstances, but on the day you find people wandering around with them or carrying them

So what chance he will abide by rules for social distancing etc, very little I suspect, so will be giving them a wide birth for quite a while, despite my like of car boots

Back