Car boot - kettering 11/03/12

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf":3jon4gxf said:
Hand-saw Makers of Britain puts Peace, William K. & Charles, Ltd (seems to be Ltd on your medallion?) between 1910 and 1915. Eagle Works, Mowbray St., Sheffield (& Birmingham) Pre-limitation, from 1860, same Works.

Thanks for the info Alf, the medallion does say limited, well 'LD' anyway, so same difference, and plenty old enough!

El.

I meant to put a NB next to that picture of the iron Jim, pointing out the perspective messing with the look of it - it is very slightly tapered. I'll get another pictch to try to show how it really is; and get some measurements to compare with one of your parallels if I may? What with originals being so rare and new ones £50, I hear O1 steel beckoning.

That saw looks good El - the teeth look like they might be in a straight line. Any absentees?
I've noticed a distinct lack of saws good or bad in recent years, the place used to be full of them. Only plastic handled jobs today.

Yup Alf, that chisel was marked up at £3 but as it was John, he rounded up my purchases to something less than the total so you could say I got it for nuffink. :mrgreen:
Jealous of that grinder btw - I've yet to find one, though I did find a decent wheel a couple of years ago I haven't got around to making the other bit ...

Best part of this thread for me is seeing the "trademark" price stickers and knowing that the great "junk" miester John is still out there peddling his wares :D :D Thanks Richard =D>

Andy

Richard T":1vlbt7bd said:
Yup Alf, that chisel was marked up at £3 but as it was John, he rounded up my purchases to something less than the total so you could say I got it for nuffink. :mrgreen:
t ...

Nice hauls everyone. I especially like ALF's grinder.

I came away with just a breast drill this week, and on reflection I don't think I'll be keeping it.

Oh, bought a leather belt too that will become a strop... eventually...

Missus bought a S&J handsaw in pretty good nick, just needs a quick scrape to get the rust off and a sharpen.

soulboy":17qz2i7n said:
Hi all, first car booty for me too and although i did pick-up something interesting i have no pics yet but wanted to ask about Fabrex, got a hand drill (wheel brace?) in a box of tools and it seems to be good quality but little known?
thx chris
Yeah, a wheel brace/hand drill was the only other tool I could find. A search suggests they were absorbed by Record at some point, but when and what their dates of operation were, I'm so far drawing a blank. Certainly the grinder suggests they were in the business of building quality kit. Anyone old enough to be muttering "I remember them"?

P.S. Richard, in the nicest possible way - you're a jammy git. :lol:

Latest posts

Back