Car boot 2012 Nottingham

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

First one of the year picked this lot up, a bit small by some peoples standards :wink:

DSC_0025.jpg

The chisel was 10p it has a good boxwood handle.

The Record G cramp was £2 the nice 3/16 side bead was £5 and the saw was £1.

The boxing was loose at each end of the plane and it was black bit it cleaned up well.

All I can see on the saw is "and Sons" so it needs some cleaning.

I also got a huge triangular file about 14" long for 10p.

Pete

Hi Pete

Nice collection mate.....I particularly like the handle on the saw...it's an oldie!

I am trying to avoid getting into beading woodies or any woodies for that matter but I must admit...my interest has picked up a bit after the recent spokeshave incident...I call it incident to avoid admitting this might become an obsession! :oops:

You can never have enough cramps....and for a mere £2 you got a right bargain there.

Boxwood handles are a valuable commodity these days....I pick up any I can find as cheap as I can get...

Your one has seen a long life but they are still handy for tight jobs and I like the control of a short shaft on a lot of special jobs...seems to be more controllable. As long as the steel is still hard that far down...should be ok...although you can always harden it again if not.

Thanks for sharing and let us know what make the saw is once you get it cleaned up a bit.

Cheers mate

Jim

Hi, Neil

Calverton up the A614 untill you get to the new little roundabout and its on the left or the right if they have moved it.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Racers":fdeh78b0 said:
Calverton up the A614 untill you get to the new little roundabout and its on the left or the right if they have moved it.

Have you been to the Hucknall car boot?

Thanks,
Neil

Hi, Neil

No, I have been told its smaller than the Calverton one.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Racers":14tgd77t said:
No, I have been told its smaller than the Calverton one.

I can't comment as I haven't been to either. It's just that I had to work on Sunday and passed the Hucknall car boot and was surprised to see a very full car park.

Thanks,
Neil

Latest posts

Back