Cappuccino machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the following to
Moca pot
Aero express
French press ( I have frothed milk with this )

But much prefer the sage barista express bean to cup machine with built in grinder it was expensive but I’m glad I bought it care of PayPal credit LOL

Most important for me which ever device I use is FRESHLY ROASTED BEANS which I buy locally at 1KG bag a time which lasts about 3 weeks for us

Fresh roasted beans for me are so much better than say supermarket beans

if you can’t buy fresh look for beans with a roasted on date

And as above /below James Hoffman worth watching on YouTube which I did at 2 am one day and then bought the sage coffee machine LOL

I had a Gaggia with a built-in milk frother and bought my preferred coffee (Costa) already ground and used that setup for about 5 years. Then Tassimo came out with Costa pods so having got fed up with the palaver of the Gaggia swapped to the Bosch Tassimo and bought a separate milk frother. What I will say is the pods are stronger than the shop-bought cup of espresso (which I use to make my Costa Latte). easier but as has been said not the cheapest but I don't drink a lot of coffee. Just to throw this in the discussion Gaggia I was told years ago invented the Cappuccino and the machine. Also, I felt some 15 years ago that Gaggia were falling behind in more modern styles of machines but they seem to have caught up now.

Last edited:
We just use a Bialetti Moka on the
Yes, got one of those as well as the Dualit, plus other things like an inherited Arne Jacobsen coffee pot. Somewhat off topic but the founder of Bialetti died a couple of years ago, at his request he was cremated and his ashes put in an oversized Bialetti moka pot. True to his design ideas to the very end - and beyond.

I'm not a connoisseur of coffee and just drink 2 lattes a day - buying the beans from Costco (about a 1KG bag - San Francisco Bay roast or something).

Our machine is a ten year (at least) model and quite compact:

ESAM-04.350.S-hero.jpg

A few months ago, I refurbed a later model for a mate who was selling it to another mate of mine:

ECAM284635BG_fronte-bianco.jpg

and the foam on that was unreal (literally like the picture) - so much so I was tempted to sell mine and keep this one, but decided to keep mine as I know my way around it from a servicing\maintenance perspective.

I would avoid any machine that takes 'pods' - the pods are too expensive (although you can buy refillable ones from Amazon) and the machines are unreliable in the long term (in my experience) - we've been using a stovetop percolator and milk frother for the last three years or so, it produces the best coffee for the least investment - about £20.
I've been using Nespresso pod machines for over 20 years; my original one is still going strong, as are the subsequent ones I've added to the collection.

All the refillable pods I've tried have been rubbish - avoid them.

The pods are okay price wise, I'm currently using Jacobs ones @ c10p/12 eurocents a pop.

Nespresso also make a great frother.

Full disclosure: I prefer Turkish/Greek coffee and love my Arzum Okka machine the most.

Screenshot_2022-07-27-08-17-22-445_com.android.chrome.jpg

this all I use.....me n her have two of those v/large Starbucks coffee mugs for a Latte...
milk in the microwave and wizz, boil the kettle.....
the cof pot is a Sainsbury's purchase around 20 years ago....wizzer bought in Athens for 3euro's
over 10 years ago....
IMG_3552.jpeg

why bother with those fancy machines or pods....

I am quite happy with my small deLonghi. It takes ground coffee. I use Taylors of Harrogate decaf ground bags for later in the day, And have used a local independent coffee shop for me caffeine ground bags. The milk frother wand works great for me. We are very happy with our set up for coffees during the days when we are at home!

Attachments

• B29E0FB6-6599-4918-A83E-E68F5929255D.jpeg
    B29E0FB6-6599-4918-A83E-E68F5929255D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 8A5F79A0-7950-4C00-A80A-EE50DABBDF79.jpeg
    8A5F79A0-7950-4C00-A80A-EE50DABBDF79.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
next week my First coffee of the day before getting out of bed will be from an ESE pod, or I might get out the silver one for a different taste from a Nespresso pod.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 719R6CYAcNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    719R6CYAcNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 0
I have free unlimited use of this which isn't good for my caffeine intake, it makes a great Mocha.

coffee machine.jpg

That's right DRC lot of Dosh but we have two coffees each a day and soon mounts up like I said wife was not so sure ha ha had steam wand and automatic side makes very good latte not so impressed with some of the others and it makes tea 😂🍵🍵

Well, im thinking of this:
https://ao.com/product/ec785az-delo....aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organicplaAnd then pick up a seperate grinder?
Im the only coffee drinker in the house. I was looking at a 2 cup deloghi machine with bean grinder built in, about 350 quid, but one of the reviews said the grinder didnt really go fine enough.
Whadda you think?

Ive watched a couple of the hoffman videos which have been informative. I'll need to get some beans in and find out what i like 👍 as far as I'm aware, fairly strong, but not too bitter.

Thanks for the advice so far

Edit: the one in link looks the same as @brocher has?

Last edited:
Well, im thinking of this:
https://ao.com/product/ec785az-delo....aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organicplaAnd then pick up a seperate grinder?
Im the only coffee drinker in the house. I was looking at a 2 cup deloghi machine with bean grinder built in, about 350 quid, but one of the reviews said the grinder didnt really go fine enough.
Whadda you think?

The grinders in the bean to cup machine are all the same - 13 settings from coarse to very fine. Never had or felt there was an issue with ours in all the years we've had it.

I'm a lazy so and so and couldn't be bothered with doing it all manually, so didn't want a manual machine.

Delonghi (themselves) are selling refurb'd machine on Ebay for a cracking price -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144305720660?epid=11005463765&hash=item21994a8d54
Worth a look maybe?

I had a de'longhi dedica machine and a separate de'longhi bean grinder for a few years. I eventually tired of the messy grounds each time I made a coffee so I purchased a de'longhi magnifica s bean to cup machine, and it is excellent! Fill up the water tank add the beans of your choice and I get a perfect coffee with great crema! I think I paid £275 a couple of years ago.

Fracino Cherub coffee machine and Eureka Mignon grinder - used daily to kick start me.

My coffee beans come from Coffee Compass near Brighton.

A bit more than £300 though.
Ive got a very old Fracino little Gem, its a great machine, loads of power came out of a cafe in Brighton.
Its a bit of a beast -4 litre water tank

I paid £120 for it

and I got a mini Mazzer grinder for £200

I think Fracino make som enice machines -the Cherub is a really nice looking machine, I wouldnt mind a modern automatic one like that

Back