Cantilevered Incra Fence support

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
There was discussion under Philly's thread on his router table concerning the size of table needed to support an Incra fence. These can be rather space hungry and my solution as mentioned, was the addition of a cantilevered support as shown below.

I said I had bolted it to my router table - in fact I now see it is only screwed but it was so long ago I had it off, I had forgotten. In any event it worked then and works fine now.

I do not use the full length of the Incra Jig by any means and could have bought the smaller one. This one would be good for a small table saw as well as a router table.

DSC_2638.jpg

DSC_2639.sized.jpg

DSC_2640.sized.jpg

Chris

Now thats what a workshop should look like. I see you.ve got space to stand your stock up, what hieghts you ceiling?

The idea for the router table is good, I handn't thought of that, looking at the Incra, is it the 24"? I wasn't too sure when I looked at it whether the extention was for the Incra or the pencil sharpener :) :)

My thoughts were to go for the smaller one, the instructions for this indicate 20" from bit to back of table. (thanks Neil for supplying those) So far I haven't decided whether to use the cantilever approach or build it into the table. It is going to be on wheels so space is not really an issue at the moment.

Looks nice & sturdy, Chris - and looking at the length of extrusion out the back of it makes me glad I just got the Ultra-Lite!

Neil

Hi Chris

Nice job!

I thought you might have the WonderFence :lol:

How good is it?

Waka,

In part of my shop the ceiling is 10 feet high - which is where the wood is. Vertical storage is so much more efficient than horizontal and I have never had trouble with boards bowing as a consequence of being stored that way.

The Incra is indeed the 24 inch job - or 25 inches actually.

Neil,
I should have got the smaller one too!

Tony, yes the Wonderfence it is. I like it a lot and it is pretty versatile. One of my favourite tricks is to slide a bit of melamine (that has been equipped with the Incra Tee bolts) into the fence and high support. This gives me a dead smooth surface that can be used as a zero clearance fence for any bit that I figure will benefit from it.

Waka":3epayenh said:
I wasn't too sure when I looked at it whether the extention was for the Incra or the pencil sharpener
You and me both. But hand-cranked? Heck, Chris, you're letting standards slide a bit, aren't you? :roll: :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf":34cx64p4 said:
Waka":34cx64p4 said:
I wasn't too sure when I looked at it whether the extention was for the Incra or the pencil sharpener
You and me both. But hand-cranked? Heck, Chris, you're letting standards slide a bit, aren't you? :roll: :D

Cheers, Alf

I think I shall review it for the hand tools section. :lol:

Latest posts

Back