Can't make Thursday.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well my first post on this forum. I've been out of the woodworking loop for over a year now. Moved to the UK from Canada, started a new job, got divorced, you get the picture. Well life is settling down so it's time to open the tool chest and get back to doing what I like best, making shavings... No No I mean making furniture. First project is going to be to get a workshop setup then fit out my toolchest. Everything is just piled in right now.

I saw Alf's Thursday post but, I suspect in common with a lot of people, will have to make do with Saturday. Is Saturday going to be a major scrum? I have not attended this show before so don't know what to expect.

Paul
Builder of Shepherd planes and handtool woodworker.

Welcome to the forum Paul, sorry we won't meet as I am taking the early bird option.

Can't answer about Saturday scrimmages but it does get darn crowded every day I have been. Last day is best for deals from individual booths. I got a full set of template guides for my DW 621 for zilch one year!

Welcome to the forum, Paul. I think we've exchanged banter on WC and possibly even BP in the past?

I have a nasty suspicion that someone said Saturday was quieter last year - making me wonder why we're all going on Thursday! #-o No, maybe that was Friday. Oh well, it's always heaving really. The only advantage to going early is the folks manning the stands haven't lost their voices/patience yet. :lol: Dunno if anyone's going on Saturday - have a look. Tradition is UK Workshoppers meet up at noon by Terry's stand (Chestnut Products), so if you're feeling brave... 8-[ :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf":chripi4l said:
Welcome to the forum, Paul. I think we've exchanged banter on WC and possibly even BP in the past?

Tradition is UK Workshoppers meet up at noon by Terry's stand (Chestnut Products), so if you're feeling brave... 8-[ :D

Cheers, Alf

Yes you have the right Paul Barnard. I was a long time Badger Pond member and made it across to the safe haven of WC when the pond dried up. It's a good 18 months though since I last picked up a tool for more than house renovation or DIY.

I'll pop by Terry's stand at 12 and if the natives don't look too hostile will come and say hello.

I threatend to come say hello to you when I was back in the UK on holiday. Silly thing is that I visited Cornwall more when I was living in Canada than I have since I have been back. Ah well surf will be up next summer.

Paul

Latest posts

Back