Can't get a chuck to fit my lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stokesjb1966

Reaction score
Hi guys my wife bought me diry pro lathe and I lookd on line and it told me to buy a chuck with the thread 16tpi which didn't fit but a m8 nut fits on tailsock and spindle can anyone help.

If it has an m8 thread, I wouldn't bother looking for a chuck because I think that any chuck would be too heavy for it.

robe_uk":1dpbq5by said:
https://dirtyprotools.co.uk/collections/wood-lathe/products/wood-lathe-1000mm-wood-turning-mini-lathe?variant=29646526611542

Is that it there? Don't know how a m8 nut could fit on the spindle

If it is that one then the spec states it is a 3/4"*16tpi. Record Power offer at least three chucks with this fitting, including this onefrom Snainton.

I did order one of these from record power 3/4 16tpi and it didn't fit I've talked to a few companies and they can't get their head around it I'm trying to put a picture on here but can't new to this give me a hammer nails and saw and I'm OK a phone or computer and I'm lost

Are you sure an M8 nut fitted the thread? That would be a very small diameter for a headstock spindle.

Perhaps if you give some approximate dimensions of the thread eg diameter and approx threads per inch we can work it out.

When you say the 3/4" 16tpi didn't fit, was it too big or too small? Or did it start threading on but stop too soon?

This is a picture of it if it helps?

Attachments

• IMG-20200523-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200523-WA0001.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 290

Latest posts

Back