• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Can't get a chuck to fit my lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Stokesjb1966

Reaction score
Hi guys my wife bought me diry pro lathe and I lookd on line and it told me to buy a chuck with the thread 16tpi which didn't fit but a m8 nut fits on tailsock and spindle can anyone help.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
If it has an m8 thread, I wouldn't bother looking for a chuck because I think that any chuck would be too heavy for it.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
robe_uk":1dpbq5by said:
https://dirtyprotools.co.uk/collections/wood-lathe/products/wood-lathe-1000mm-wood-turning-mini-lathe?variant=29646526611542

Is that it there? Don't know how a m8 nut could fit on the spindle
If it is that one then the spec states it is a 3/4"*16tpi. Record Power offer at least three chucks with this fitting, including this onefrom Snainton.

Stokesjb1966

Reaction score
I did order one of these from record power 3/4 16tpi and it didn't fit I've talked to a few companies and they can't get their head around it I'm trying to put a picture on here but can't new to this give me a hammer nails and saw and I'm OK a phone or computer and I'm lost

minilathe22

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Are you sure an M8 nut fitted the thread? That would be a very small diameter for a headstock spindle.

Perhaps if you give some approximate dimensions of the thread eg diameter and approx threads per inch we can work it out.

When you say the 3/4" 16tpi didn't fit, was it too big or too small? Or did it start threading on but stop too soon?

minilathe22

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Which chuck did you buy? Sometimes they have a swappable insert for the headstock thread.

Latest posts