cant do it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
well i coundnt wait to get a stand, so i had a go today with saw on floor, i just couldnt do it at all, yes i am waiting now till i get i stand, would love to be able to have a lesson on how to use it, its ok watching videos an stuff, but i think for someone like me it would be good for someone to show me in person, anyone know where i can go for a lesson ,
thanks tracey

Just an offer, if you are down this way, you are welcome to call in. Not much help really.

Well I'm still learning myself. Just fit a blade, tension it up and switch on. I can now follow a pencil line. Sometimes I end up with the wood going up and down with the blade, but I'm getting the hang of holding it firmly but still able to control the feed and direction. I just watch Youtube vids for advice then have a go.

You shouldn't need a lesson. If I understand your situation correctly, you have an Axminster AWVFS but you only have the blades which were supplied with your saw. Once you start using your saw with different blades your scrolling experience will improve dramatically. Start off using fairly large blades (#5 or larger) and cut material which is undemanding. I suggest 4mm or 6mm plywood which is available from any DIY shed because you don't need anything special when you are learning. Despite what some people say, there is a learning curve with scrolling - most newcomers pick up the technique very quickly but it is not unusual for some to find it a challenge at first. If you persevere you will get there.

Is it possible for you to get to the Axminster store in Warrington? If so, why not take your saw (and a piece of plywood ;) )to them and explain that you don't seem to be able to use it? Axminster staff are normally very helpful and I'm sure they will check it is working properly. They might even demonstrate how to use it.

aww wow thanks guys you are all brill , i have took everything on board think , i running before i can walk , i am not going to give up i will keep trying , on nites now for 3 nites so wk end i am really going to try try try , i got some flying dutch blades coming from ebay so that as you all say may help ,,,its getting the hang of moveing the wood for me no cordination,,,,an i always fell of my bike lol,,,,, i have last night put it on p.c stand tryed it just then an blade popped out ??? i wwill try an put another in ,,,,,,thanks again guys i do sound bit thick i no , but i know if someone came an showed me in person i would be able to do it ? thanks again tracey :)

well am i really that thick cant put blade in !!! its in top but can for life of me put it in bottom it shakes from side to side on pops out help :( god i sound so thick :(

Latest posts

Back