Candle Holder--Warning: lousy photos

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SketchUp Guru

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are some photos of the candle holder to which I alluded in a thread in the finishing forum. The photos aren't my best work. I was trying to take the photos and fend off my 20 month old son who wanted to look at the lights. :p

It didn't help that I was photographing this thing on an old cherry table.

The holder is padauk and walnut. I cut a shallow cove down the center of the padauk with the tablesaw. The ends were rounded with the router in the table. Edges eased with a round over bit and then worked with spokeshave, rasp and blockplane. recess were done with a Forstner bit.

The walnut comes in as the foot of the holder. Being so dark and much narrower than the tray, it makes the padauk appear to float about an inch off the table.

Although that's probably enough photos, there are more at this link.

Hi Dave

They look wonderful. Adam has a lot to answer for.

DO you have any protection between the candle and the wood? I couldn't see from the photograph.

Cheers
Neil

Thanks Neil. I think Adam is somewhat to blame. ;)

I can't buy asbestos anymore so I didn't put anything in the recesses. The candles are in plastic cups so that should take care of it.

very nice indeed. Another popular project...

Chris, no, I didn't make one for this. I made this one up as I went along. I was thinking I should measure it up and make a drawing in case someone thinks they'd like one.

Thank you Gill.

Evidently I posted this is the wrong forum. Sorry. I just thought since it was a finished project, or at least I thought it was finished, it belonged in the other forum. Hmm.... I'll have to see if I can figure out the rules. :oops:

Dave, super. I can see these candle holders are the must-have for this Christmas.

Dave R":3tw8u2lb said:
Evidently I posted this is the wrong forum. Sorry. I just thought since it was a finished project, or at least I thought it was finished, it belonged in the other forum.
You and me both :-k

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2fg4ff88 said:
Dave, super. I can see these candle holders are the must-have for this Christmas.

Dave R":2fg4ff88 said:
Evidently I posted this is the wrong forum. Sorry. I just thought since it was a finished project, or at least I thought it was finished, it belonged in the other forum.
You and me both :-k

Cheers, Alf

Excellent stuff! Looks very impressive.

Well I think it belongs in here, so have moved it. All the other candle holders are in here :wink:

Adam

Back