Canal boat people. Please help me out.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that you are not prone to motion sickness !.... A fellow student at Oxford decided to live on a houseboat for the duration of our Architectural course and he found it took a long time to acclimatise to the constant motion of the boat when coming back on land . He'd stagger about like a drunk in the early days . :LOL::LOL:

As others say: for solids, store them in [closed] buckets the roof. Need to add some bulk material [paper, sawdust etc.] each time you poo. Then, in a couple of months, it breaks down into dryish compost, that doesn't smell. For liquids, use any flush toilet. Overall, you'll be surprised by how LITTLE it all comes to. Two people, living abroad full-time for five months, generated one and a half 10 litre paint tubs of compost.

As I understand, from other long term users, it takes 2 years to compost enough to be used on non food crops, and 3 years to be used on edible food crops.
The “wee” has to be kept separate to prevent smells, and can be disposed in the normal sewage system.

Bod

Back