Canal boat holiday

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Of on a short break tomorrow for 4 days, narrow boat up near Warwick, any tips as to what to take?

doctor Bob":2u9rgjx5 said:
Of on a short break tomorrow for 4 days, narrow boat up near Warwick, any tips as to what to take?

Midget gems, mini chedders & a few mini baby bell.

Don`t forget your speedo`s in case you fall in T`cut.

:lol: :lol:

Hope you have a good time Bob, some lovely places around Warwick & arriving by boat puts a whole different perspective on a place.

Can I hop on?

Are you going canaling on your own?

Noel":2c03vvnc said:
Can I hop on?

Are you going canaling on your own?

No, you would miss moderating and it's dangerous walking on the side of a boat in high heels and one of your tight dresses.

Wife, son and 2 dogs.

So Bob, thanks to the helpful people who interrupted their busy Sunday afternoons to go out of their way to offer assistance you can now make a list of what to take:

Car (minimum of 1)
Wife (1)
Child (1)
Dog (2)
Midget Gems (10 packets)
Mini Chedders (5 packets)
Mini Baby Bell (5)
Speedo swimming knickers (1)

Get a clipboard and print out your list with little boxes so you can tick each item before you depart.

Enjoy your break.

Spider replant

Wellingtons / Boots / Umbrellas

Lots of dry clothes

TV

pack of cards / dominoes ( Not Festool )

Food

Drink :lol: :mrgreen:

shall I keep going ?

I think that's the River Severn - did that many years ago.
Enormous, deep/high locks - keep the rope loose! :)

Doh - I was thinking of Worcester!!

Rod

Local phrase book,
Charts,
Sextant,
And a Shire in case your engine conks.

You probably won't need the first three, but they'll look good and give you summat to read, and summat to polish. 8)

iPhone, iPad, DS, PSP, portable DVD and laptop - give you a chance to really get away from it all.

doctor Bob":2e4pnhmx said:
Digit":2e4pnhmx said:
List of pubs along the route! Very important that.

Roy.

LOL..... that might not be such a good idea.

Give us a shout Bob when you get near one & I`ll come & take care of it for you :D

No trouble.... :lol: :lol:

Honest 8-[

Serious answer - a folding bike is very useful for someone to get ahead of the boat and get the next lock ready. Also good for fetching supplies from not so handy villages. And the easiest way to open a lock gate is to put your bum on the balance beam and walk backwards - it won't go until the level is right, but when it is, it will.

And a torch for finding your way back along the towpath after visiting the pub.

Latest posts

Back