can you still get blades for stanely 90j bullnose plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt@

Established Member
Reaction score
they are 1 1/8" wide not 1" and seem to be unavailable which is a bit of a pain. Does anyone know different??!!

or other blades that will fit that dont cost an arm and leg :?

Matt@":3k1ve4o1 said:
they are 1 1/8" wide not 1" and seem to be unavailable which is a bit of a pain. Does anyone know different??!!

or other blades that will fit that dont cost an arm and leg :?

I have several old HSS planer knives - I could send you one which you could adapt to use if you want

Rog

I was in a JTF Mega Discount Store (Peterborough) a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure they had replacement blades for Stanley bull nose planes. I can't remember what sizes they had but I will probably be near there on Monday or Tuesday. If you can wait until then, I'll pop in, have a look and post the details. Unless you have one near you of course.

I don't think they were as much as $60 !!

Oz

I guess I could make one but the time it would take would be hellish prohibitive. Any leads on these blades would be appreciated but I think they would only be old stock languishing on a shelf somewhere. I bought two of them in exactly this way couple of years ago but have lost one and the other is now worn out! I know you can buy them for the sort of price mentioned above but I can buy a new plane for that - I don't love the plane that much lol !!!

Back