can you guess what it is ???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andychip38

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_20120317_131622 (Small).jpg
hi all i cleared a old wood working shop and was given this anyone have any ideas what it is ???

Attachments

• IMG_20120317_131622 (Small).jpg
    IMG_20120317_131622 (Small).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 194
I thought it was a pair of goggles.

toolsntat":2h7t4pjf said:
Floorboard clamp :wink:

Andy

Is that a confident answer? If so then does it clamp by twisting the two lugs one above and one below the joist? The power for this twist comes from the screw action against the floorboard? If so it looks like an elegant solution.

DrPhill":3i24yiuu said:
I thought it was a pair of goggles.

toolsntat":3i24yiuu said:
Floorboard clamp :wink:

Andy

Is that a confident answer? If so then does it clamp by twisting the two lugs one above and one below the joist? The power for this twist comes from the screw action against the floorboard? If so it looks like an elegant solution.

Very confident :wink:
Kimberley's Pattern for joists 1 1/2" - 3 1/2" 15/- a pair or 12/- for the cheaper quality available from S TYZACK & SON LTD in 1908

The clamp straddles the top of the joist though and not the height......

Cheers
Andy

toolsntat":2dfmv4fc said:
Very confident :wink:
Kimberley's Pattern for joists 1 1/2" - 3 1/2" 15/- a pair or 12/- for the cheaper quality available from S TYZACK & SON LTD in 1908

The clamp straddles the top of the joist though and not the height......

I can't quite picture that, but I am sure you are right. I guess that If I had to use one I would figure it out.

Back