Can you buy decent door furniture anymore?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have used them along with more handles but not used their stainless brass so will take a look. The ones that I have fitted are an antique bronze finish.

What I find most annoying are suppliers that give you something that is just not up to the job, I would much prefer if they either left it out or sold it as a separate item but quality you have to pay for. They must think that they are obliged to supply screws but just throw in something that might do.

Yes I have used them along with more handles but not used their stainless brass so will take a look. The ones that I have fitted are an antique bronze finish.
Just one point with the "stainless Brass" I am not sure what it is exactly, for some time I assumed it was possibly Aluminium Bronze , a highly anti corrosive material used in Sea Water services for shipping among other things. However our front door letter box and furniture is subject to maximum weather - faces West ! They have been fitted for I think in excess of 20 years? they did become slightly spotty so I decided to buff them when refinishing the door, doing so I now believe they are probably plated with ???? --- nevertheless they do resist tarnish extremely well and I would not hesitate to fit them again but I would / will pay more attention and not be complacent assuming they will NEVER tarnish ! John

Back