Can we get back to work now please?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerS":1hnv8xol said:
Had enough. Can't get anything done. Too many places shut. Does my 'ead in :evil:

I know the feeling Roger, I sometimes think that there are too manmy excuses to take time off these days :!: Now I'm seeing that in 2012 there will be another holiday for the Queens Jubille, God only knows how many days off for the Olympics, and all the usual Bank Holidays etc. will soon be more holidays than working days :lol: :roll: :x :!: :wink:

And more importantly, I can't get the spares I need for my motor bike! :lol:

Roy.

I can't complain as I got most of my electrical gear over the holiday period. Only thing I could'nt get was the timber to build my office as the timber merchants are closed until the new year. :D

Loving the time off, very little work done over the Christmas period.
I don't see the point in work work work, I enjoy my time off with the family.

I hate holidays too. Interruption of routine. Now I know why I keptt my hand tools, and why there's a pile of lumber in my yard!

Never mind. The 'leap' year pushes Christmas Day 2012 to a Tuesday, so not so much excuse to 'stretch' the holidays. :lol: :lol: :lol: (hammer)

Benchwayze":2czp2xkv said:
I hate holidays too. Interruption of routine. Now I know why I keptt my hand tools, and why there's a pile of lumber in my yard!

Never mind. The 'leap' year pushes Christmas Day 2012 to a Tuesday, so not so much excuse to 'stretch' the holidays. :lol: :lol: :lol: (hammer)

Don't you believe it...shifting it by one day makes it worse. Tues/Wed off...Monday will be a short day so not much point coming in to work. That leaves only Thursday and Friday...might as well use up a couple of days annual leave and take the whole week off. Wait a minute...what's happening the following week. Tuesday is a bank holiday...well, not much point going in on Monday.

RogerS":2rw99607 said:
Benchwayze":2rw99607 said:
I hate holidays too. Interruption of routine. Now I know why I kept my hand tools, and why there's a pile of lumber in my yard!

Don't you believe it...shifting it by one day makes it worse. Tues/Wed off...Monday will be a short day so not much point coming in to work. That leaves only Thursday and Friday...might as well use up a couple of days annual leave and take the whole week off. Wait a minute...what's happening the following week. Tuesday is a bank holiday...well, not much point going in on Monday.

Hmmm! Yes. I forgot Roger. I retired 22 years ago! :D

Cheers and HNY! :ho2

Roger what you have to remember is its traditional for the construction industry to shut down for two weeks over xmas/new year thats why a lot of suppliers will be closed.

Jason (with another week before I start back :lol: )

Digit":2elcig7c said:
You do suffer don't you Rog? :lol: :lol:

Roy.

I don't think Rog would be happy unless he had something to moan about :wink:

J

Saturday, Christmas Eve, Sunday Chis Day, Monday normal working day. Followed by Sat, New Years Eve, Sun, New Years day and today, normal working day again. Simple really, if the holisay falls on a weekend then that's where it stays.

Oh yes, no Good Friday and holiday Easter Monday. That's the only one that always falls on a Monday. Quite a coincidence really :? :?

Doesn't worry me either 'cause I am retired too 8) 8) :mrgreen:

Lots of people took their sking holidaze between the 2, but otherwise it was work as normal, with a 2 hour lunch of course :shock:

But what about all those Saints Days?

Bank Holidays are a bit of a pain - they get in the way of Retirement!

Rod

Back