can u suggest me which machine to buy?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvucki

Reaction score
i want to be able to cut all kind wood from 400-500mm length by around 100x100mm and
to slice that in to 4-5mm thick slices
which one will be able to do that ?
i was looking which machine can do that and i see some videos that bend saw can do that
even some cheap one 350w up to 80mm
but manny ppl say these just too weak and flex in middle
so i look up and from makita/metabo 318 (900w )range up to holzteman 300 (s2 1.3kw s1 1.1kw) range
and some ppl say it's great machine (same for these small ones) and other say it's junk
i know that some ppl look only $ they can get out of it
for me is fun 1st then if i earn something good if not well ...

so budget is tight like always when hobby is in question
i will love if i can do that (even 50x50x300mm to slice in 3-4mm sheets) with lidl parkside 100€ bend saw but what i know ...

can u help me ?

cvucki":17o3q60o said:
i want to be able to cut all kind wood from 400-500mm length by around 100x100mm and
to slice that in to 4-5mm thick slices
which one will be able to do that ?
i was looking which machine can do that and i see some videos that bend saw can do that
even some cheap one 350w up to 80mm
but manny ppl say these just too weak and flex in middle
so i look up and from makita/metabo 318 (900w )range up to holzteman 300 (s2 1.3kw s1 1.1kw) range
and some ppl say it's great machine (same for these small ones) and other say it's junk
i know that some ppl look only $ they can get out of it
for me is fun 1st then if i earn something good if not well ...

so budget is tight like always when hobby is in question
i will love if i can do that (even 50x50x300mm to slice in 3-4mm sheets) with lidl parkside 100€ bend saw but what i know ...

can u help me ?
Bandsaw sounds like a reasonable choice.

Don't buy the Makita Bandsaw though. I had one and there are two many QA issues. The Metabo version of this seems to have better QA, but it is very similar. If you get one with vibration issues, the wheels are out of balance and Makita have no clue how to resolve it.

It sounds like you have a max budget of about £450?

Take a look at the Scheppach Basa 3.0. it is based on an old Kity design.

900w motor is pretty good. You also get 200mm depth of cut which is decent for a 12". It has a variable gear belt system to slow speeds down for metal cutting.

Worth looking at Record Power models as well - 12" one might be within budget...

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

that Record Power 12'' is same like that holzemann hbs300j 1,1kw s1 750w s2 rest is same
and here locally i cant find besa 3 only to order but shipping is like 30% of price

100mm rip cut for a hobbyist would mean a bandsaw.
Before making a purchase, finding a reliable source for different kinds of blades, sharpening and welding is the most important thing to do.
If on a budget, it pays to be on the lookout for a smaller, used, cast iron machine. You never know what you might run into.

HTH

how you weld blade ?
it's 2240 mm long and shops don't got these 2260 close to it ..
and which ones are good for this kind work i want to do ?

Weld? I don't any more. I use to braze blades in the past and I still have the old machine somewhere.
Luckily, there's a shop near by that sells, sharpens, repairs, welds all kinds of woodworking blades.
You should check, there's probably someone in your area that offers this kind of service also.
For the work you specify, you should be after a blade that has 2-3 teeth per inch.
About 20mm wide. Also the bandsaw you buy should be able to tighten such a blade adequately.

What you want to do can only be done safely with a bandsaw.

Whatever you budget is for it, buy a bandsaw that is a bit more expensive than your budget. If you buy too cheap, you will be sorry later.

Once you have your bandsaw, you can buy blades from Ian at tuffsaws. He can make a blade of any width and any amount of teeth per inch to your exact size.

Bandsaws can be made to work well, even if they are old.
Today I have just ripped a 1mm thick piece of beech that is 16 cm tall and 23 cm long, using Ians blades on my axminster 350 bandsaw.

What are you doing with these 4-5mm slices? They are likely to cup pretty quickly if the wood is not straight grained and perfectly dried.

i mean to use these 4mm parts of wood on laser engraver
and laser cut fine grains or engrave images on it and leave wood grains around it
etc
thanks for help
i guess 300j will be buy i find basa 3 but shop want 30% of price for shipping (200€),,it's 90kg huh
so price will be same like BS400 model or hbs400 in holzmann 900€ and 140kg vs 600€
phu

is Scheppach hbs 300 older model any good ?
spec say 750w vd hbs 300j 1.2kw s2 750w is this same band saw just name and color are different ?
price is 100€ lower for Scheppach
ugh hate shoping ---- <

cvucki":sdn3jyzl said:
is Scheppach hbs 300 older model any good ?
spec say 750w vd hbs 300j 1.2kw s2 750w is this same band saw just name and color are different ?
price is 100€ lower for Scheppach
ugh hate shoping ---- <
I think the HBS300 is a different thing to the Scheppach Basa machines. The Basa 3.0 is an old Kity design. I think this HBS300 is some design that the Chinese contract manufacturer has come up with and likely rebrand it for other brands.

I have no idea if it is any good or not.

A good person to talk to is the guy at NMA Agencies (the UK Scheppach importer). I forget his name, but I've had a couple of email exchanges with him about the Scheppach stuff. They get everything in to test, and they will be able to advise of the pros and cons.

Back