Can someone please help me verify this London Address;-

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toydesigner

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been contacted by a Mr. Nuru Sharata, Executive Director / CEO,
Emirates Procurement & Investment Center, ( UK Office ),
Theobalds Park,
Hertfordshire,
London, UK.

It is to do with what I design, therefore I wish to know as whether I have been
contacted by a legimate business, and not someone out to scam me.
Already tried Google Maps,- But Google could NOT even find London UK,-
kept directing me to ( please don't laugh ),- East London, South Africa !!!!
After about a dozen attempts, I gave up, so desided someone on this this forum
might do heaps better than Google Maps !!!!
( Could be oversuse by people trying to find the Games Locations, etc in London UK )

'ave a good day, & happy woodworking,
Roger

Toydesigner":2futldez said:
Already tried Google Maps,- But Google could NOT even find London UK,-
kept directing me to ( please don't laugh ),- East London, South Africa !!!!
After about a dozen attempts, I gave up, so desided someone on this this forum
might do heaps better than Google Maps !!!!
( Could be oversuse by people trying to find the Games Locations, etc in London UK )

Well, there is a Theobalds Park which looks like it's probably in Hertfordshire, and it's just outside London:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=theoba ... +park&z=15

Whether your chap actually exists there or not is another matter, of course. ;-) Apparently you can book events/meetings/etc. there.

(And I expect that Google is just trying to be unduly helpful based on your location - in the same way that if I search for Boston or Birmingham I get the real ones, not the pretenders across the pond.)

Well if its in the county of London it can't also be in the county of Hertfordshire. So its either a high powered exec with brain fade or a scammer.

Looks like a SCAM

Hertfordshire is a county in England, and is NOT in LONDON

Why has he not included a post code in the contact details ? ( Most important in finding a UK address )

Proceed with caution

+1 what everyone else said - 99% sure it's SCAM.

Apart from the fact that London and Hertfordshire are NOT the same, this bloke claims to be "Emirates Procurement ... etc". Emirates is actually the UAE (United Arab Emirates - most well-know is Dubai, but there's loads of others, but ALL are Arab as the full name suggests). This bloke does not sound at all Arabic to me, so again, scam. Proceed with extreme caution - unless you have time to waste and fancy a good laugh - see http://www.419eater.com/.

Good luck

Krgds
AES

Thanks everyone for your comments and helpful replies.
Being in South Australia, it's a bit difficult for me to figure out which English county is which, let alone where certain villages; towns, & cities are located, therefore your assistance is greatly appreciated.

***The person who emailed me, goes onto say he is CEO for Humanitian Services and Investment Organization of Qatar, and are Contract buyers with favorable buying terms.( I do know that Qatar is a small principality in the United Arab Emirates group of nations ), and put simply this person / organization is interested in the purchase of a quality of my Wooden Toy Work Plans, and Wood Craft Designs, which they have found by an internet search. email goes on to say;-

Send type and CIF Price to Jebel Ali Dubai Port

Also confirm the quantity per month and CIF Price ( Anyone know what, " CIF ", means ?? )

Payment: 100% TT payment, ( Telegraphic Transfer ), after contract agreement and quality confirmation has been signed and sealed.
Destination Port; Jebel Ali Seaport UAR

Respond with contact tel number.

Nuru Sharata
Executive Director / CEO,
Emirates Procurement & Investment Center,(UK office )
Hertfordshire Theobalds Park, London, England

*** IF someone could show me, " how," I would like to send in the original email, instead of me having to print off, then retype the above info, then you will know it is original, and probably be able to tell exactly whether it is genuine, or, as everyone suspects, a Scam.
Personally I am open-minded, as I could have scored a decent Toy Plans Order to Iraq several years ago, till the Australian Government Authorities stepped-in, and told me that was a Scam,- even though the Iraqi Embassy in Canberra notified me otherwise,- Yes, I gather there were, " just a few
choice words, " exchanged between Australian, & Iraqi Officials over THAT !!
I am open-minded,- also very wary at the same time,- which I why I asked for your thoughts, and which I really do appreciate,
'ave a good day everyone, & happy woodworking,
Roger

"CIF" means "Carriage, Insurance, & Freight". In other words, whatever price you quote must include the cost of "shipping" (in your case I guess that's parcel post) plus insurance (if the package gets damaged or goes missing) up to the point where (theoretically) your parcel passes over the side of the ship at the designated port of arrival.

Clearly this bloke has no concept of what it is you're selling, and knowing Arabs pretty well, I can't imagine anyone of them with the patience to sit down with your plan and produce a toy - get a local (black) "houseboy"to do it, yeah. Do it themselves, NO chance mate!

But if the bloke only wants you to E-mail him a price, why not. Suggest you double your normal and then add in a goodly amount for a BIG parcel plus insuring it.

Cheers
AES
(BTW, I've seen your site n the toys look very good. Well done).

Don't know what E-mail client you use, but if all else fails, copy the lot on to a Word (or text) document and save that.

AES

AES,- Thank you kindly for explaining what, " CIF ", means. It is the first time I have come across that term,- Know what , " FOB," & FIS," mean but till you came along, " CIF," had me " stumped !!"
YES,- shall definately be doubling my Prices, plus some,- also would use an International Parcel Express Company too, and they have guaranteed door-to-door delivery worldwide.
Email Server,- I use Outlook Express,- which don't always work like I have been told it does !!
Also thank you kindly for the compliment about my Wooden Toys, etc.

*** John from South France,- to answer you question, " what do I design ? " There's some detailed info on the subject in the Woodwork section from me,( " Aussie toymaker/Designer, "), or, IF you can't be bothered looking there, here are my Aussie websites for you;-
( 1), www.easysell.com.au/rogerjenkins
( 2 ) www.easysell.com.au/woodensignsanddesigns
( 3 ) www.thisisaustralia.com.au/woodentoys

Roger

Looks very much like a variation on the old 419 scams. They will undoubtably be very interested in your bank details in order to pay you.
If you think about it once your information goes up on the internet it becomes easier to fill in the gaps and clone your identity.
One of the keys to these scams is to look at spelling and grammar very few international institution or companys would allow themselves to be embarrassed by colloquial phrasing and poor spelling.

+1 for a SCAM

I keep getting phone calls from (supposedly) a central London number, asking me to 'confirm' what utility providers I use. The callers all have extremely bad English and evidently little understanding of the questions they're asking.

Utility bills are taken as "proof" of identity by some organisations, notably banks.

I used to get the occasional message such as the one you describe.

Think about it for a moment:

#1: Anyone trying to do business with you will make very sure their contact details are correct.

#2: Why would someone in a part of the world notorious for a 'flexible' approach to intellectual property bother to contact you in the first place? It's easier just to rip the designs off, frankly.

#3: Anyone doing genuine business would know *exactly* where their company's head office was based.

Nuff said, really.

E.

again +1 for a scam

If you are going to quote prices to this bloke, do remember you'll be doing it "just for a larf" - please DO look at that 419 scam link I sent you yesterday.

Cheers
AES

Yep,- ALREADY figured out he a SCAMMER,- Received another message yesterday,- Sunday evening my time. What Business Professional WORKS on Sundays these days, apart from doctors, & emergency services, etc ??
Already checked out the 419 SCAMMER site.

Anyway am 'aving some," fun with the silly person," - Sent him an email saying I am coming to London this weekend, to ( A ) have a look at the Olympic Games during the second week of competition, and, ( B ), to meet him at his Theobalds Park Office in person, therefore could he please kindly supply his correct street address, along with an appropriate meeting time, and also his personal phone number, so I can call him upon my arrival at Heathrow.

IF he comes back with Correct Address info.,etc., I am quite sure one of you guys in, or somewhere near London, England can arrange a meeting with him on my behalf,- preferably with a member of the, " Uniform Branch for company !! " I shall keep you informed of proceedings .

** Have managed to help the authorities catch a few Scammers in recent years,- last one was a " Pretend Bank Manager, " at Investec Private Bank Cape Town,- Culprit used to work there. Attempted a Bank Transfer of funds. Didn't realize that Investec also has several Australian Offices, whom I contacted with culprit's details, etc. Result he got put out of business mighty fast.
Got another silly person several weeks ago,- was, " supposed to be in Syria," - in hiding from the Government troops. made a monumental slip-up,- supplied me with an ACCRA, Ghana phone number,- which he " claimed," was his Damascus contact number,- Yes, it had the word, " ACCRA," writen alongside the number,- which he sent to me without realizing his mistake !!!!
( Talk about DUMB !!!! )
'ave a good day, & happy woodworking
Roger

Tom K":2uvn7s7f said:
very few international institution or companys would allow themselves to be embarrassed by colloquial phrasing and poor spelling.

Really? Have you listened to BBC radio, or television, lately? Some of their journalists have a command of English grammar which would have been bettered by a ten year old..........in my day. :(

with most email programs you can change the display to show the headers in detail and sometimes (depending on which email service they use) that will give an IP address for the sender. Put the IP address in a website and it tells you where in the world the email came from. I've picked out a few scams that claimed to be from one part of the world and were sending an email from a different continent!

Got the same problem here in Australia too;- Journalists who CANNOT spell, News Readers whom one CANNOT understand a word they are saying. Radio announcers are nearly as bad !! Applies to BOTH Australian Commercial media, and the Australian Broardcasting Corporation !! Their Grammar is a total disgrace,- and the better educated they are, the worse they become.

** Whoever this URA guy is, or claims he is,- believe it or not, he can actually SPELL,
and type neatly, complete with correct punctuation,- first time I have ever come across a scammer who can SPELL.

Anyway, I have informed him I am sending him a Price Quote, CIF included,- but instead of Seaport delivery,- UAR Airport Delivery please, as I use TOLL Global International Air Express, and Air-Freight cannot be unloaded at a sea-port,- ( well not very well !! )
T/T info will be via PayPal through a third party, ( for safety ), ThisIsAustralia, which is my online shop, & set up for secure international payments.
*** He replied today, ( my time ),requesting per Monthly Contract Supply on a regular basis over One Calendar Year, with option to renew Contract at conclusion of the Calendar year, therefore am now wondering IF he is the real deal, or someone simply playing games. Unfortunately he did NOT supply his correct London address, instead replying He regrets he cannot meet me, as has to attend a meeting with his superiors in back in UAR next week to, ( amongst other items ), discuss the best methods to maximize the useage of my Wooden Toy Plans & Wood Craft Designs in both the UAR, and surrounding Arab States. ( everything perfectly spelt, and phrased too !! )
Roger

Back