Quantcast
  • We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Can I convert a gif into an avatar?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2003
Messages
6,537
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham, England
Hi all

I have a gif file of a certain super saw and I would really like to be able to display it as my avatar.

Can anyone help me convert the gif? It is only 4Kb.

Thanks
Neil
 

Adam

Established Member
Joined
10 Sep 2003
Messages
3,768
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Neil, I just direct linked to a .jpg image as my avatar - I would imagine you could direct link to a .gif as well - I don't think their is any "converting" needed. Just remember wherever you are hosting it (your own server perhaps?) must allow direct linking.

Adam
 

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2003
Messages
6,537
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham, England
Hi Adam

I didn't realise yours was a jpg. I can convert from gif to jpg without any problems.

Are we able to upload it to UKW and pick it up from here?

Cheers
Neil
 

Adam

Established Member
Joined
10 Sep 2003
Messages
3,768
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
I don't know if Charley likes direct linking - if not, I am happy to host it on my site, which does allow direct linking.

Adam
 

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2003
Messages
6,537
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham, England
asleitch":99fb0nva said:
I don't know if Charley likes direct linking - if not, I am happy to host it on my site, which does allow direct linking.

Adam
Thanks for the offer Adam, much appreciated. I'll be in touch.

Cheers
Neil
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Hi Charley

Charley":2jyt8b5o said:
If you email me the gif/jpg I'll happily upload it for you :)
Thank you, I'll email it to you tonight.

Cheers
Neil
 

Noel

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
7 Aug 2003
Messages
6,534
Reaction score
246
Yes Neil, Charley's ok.
You got your S/Saw and I've got a nice view from the back of the workshop. BTW is the S/Saw the one you have or the one you want?? I'm sure it's been mentioned in previous threads but....

Rgds

Noel
 

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2003
Messages
6,537
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham, England
Hi Noel

I wondered whether yours was taken in Ireland. It looks so beautiful. :)

I'm about four or five weeks away from placing my order for the supersaw, which is due to various delays in the workshop.

I took delivery of the Makita Thicknesser today and it is unbelievable, the quality of construction is excellent. I'm now going to go for the Jet jointer as well. :wink:

Cheers
Neil
 

Noel

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
7 Aug 2003
Messages
6,534
Reaction score
246
And where else would the picture have been taken.....(I can't stand smileys and I'm grinning).
Haven't seen a Makita in the flesh yet but seem to recall that the US version only had a 3" extraction outlet, maybe changed for the UK market.
Although did read that it was alot quieter than other models.
2 blade cutter I presume? What kinda money?

Yes, Jet Jointer. The slush fund is about 6 weeks away from purchase, so looking forward to that.
BTW, can you go off-topic in an off-topic forum?

Rgds

Noel
 

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2003
Messages
6,537
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham, England
Hi Noel

Noely":1i5cwurt said:
And where else would the picture have been taken
Well I knew it was a celtic country, but I must admit that my first thought was Wales. Well, I am Welsh. :D Actually the more I look at it, the more impressed I am with the quality of the photograph. Did you take it yourself?

Noely":1i5cwurt said:
Haven't seen a Makita in the flesh yet but seem to recall that the US version only had a 3" extraction outlet, maybe changed for the UK market. Although did read that it was alot quieter than other models. 2 blade cutter I presume? What kinda money?
Yes, it is a 3" outlet but if it becomes a problem I can easily enlarge it to 4". It is the quietest in it's class at 83db and just keeps winning awards for quality of finish. GWW were impressed. I got it for 349GBP inc vat. I am really impressed with the build quality. It can just about be described as portable when it weighs in at 27kg. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use it until I have finished the workshop and have the jointer.

Noely":1i5cwurt said:
Yes, Jet Jointer. The slush fund is about 6 weeks away from purchase, so looking forward to that.
Excellent news Noel, which one are you going for? I really want the 60A but I am still unsure whether I have the room to fit it in.

Noely":1i5cwurt said:
BTW, can you go off-topic in an off-topic forum?
Shhhhush, don't tell anyone. :wink:

Cheers
Neil
 

Noel

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
7 Aug 2003
Messages
6,534
Reaction score
246
Can only justify the 6", 54A model. The 8" would be nice but can't really see the extra cost (and it's alot of extra cost) being worth it.

Yes, picture by me, limited run of framed prints available......

Glad the Makita has got a happy home, read the GWW review this morning and it's certainly well received.

Rgds

Noel
 

Neil

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2003
Messages
1,016
Reaction score
0
Location
Ireland
Hi Neil,

Can I ask where you got the Makita thicknesser for £349? I'm not at all jealous, honest... :cry: :wink:

Also if you have a moment, please would you post to the 'Forum Users Planers and Thicknessers' forum so I can finally register a vote for the Makita :)

Thanks,

NeilCFD
 

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2003
Messages
6,537
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham, England
Hi Noel

Noely":bbcwetz1 said:
Can only justify the 6", 54A model. The 8" would be nice but can't really see the extra cost (and it's alot of extra cost) being worth it.
It has a more powerful motor, in addition to the extra cast iron.

Noely":bbcwetz1 said:
Yes, picture by me, limited run of framed prints available......
It really is beautiful, you should be very proud.

Noely":bbcwetz1 said:
Glad the Makita has got a happy home, read the GWW review this morning and it's certainly well received.
Thank you, I will look after it well. Which thicknesser are you going to get/have you got?

Cheers
Neil
 

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2003
Messages
6,537
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham, England
Hi Neil

I've meant to ask you this before, why isn't it Niall?

NeilCFD":n4yn53sd said:
Can I ask where you got the Makita thicknesser for £349? I'm not at all jealous, honest... :cry: :wink:
It seems a really well built Japanese piece of equipment. Have a look at the forum users thread to see where I bought it.

NeilCFD":n4yn53sd said:
Also if you have a moment, please would you post to the 'Forum Users Planers and Thicknessers' forum so I can finally register a vote for the Makita :)
Done.


Cheers
Neil of Nottingham
 

Noel

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
7 Aug 2003
Messages
6,534
Reaction score
246
Delta for the last 2 years. Very happy with it.

Rgds

Noel
 

Neil

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2003
Messages
1,016
Reaction score
0
Location
Ireland
Hi Neil,

Thanks for adding it to the other thread. It sounds like you got a very good price :D

Newbie_Neil":3dzenasf said:
I've meant to ask you this before, why isn't it Niall?
Ah, well that would be because I'm not from Ireland originally - I'm actually Manx. Before anyone asks, no I don't have three legs. It is true that the cats have no tails though...

I get called Niall a lot as you can probably imagine - maybe I should start signing as Niall on the forum to avoid people getting us confused :)

NeilCFD
 
Top