can I collapse now..??????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight

Established Member
Reaction score
just finished stacking the latest haul from the saw-mill... 6 cube of clear oak, 6 cube of rippled sycamore that looks to die for... and about 12 cube of run-o-the-mill sycamore...

Guestimated weight was somewhere around 350 kilos loaded onto the Landrover roof-rack... made for an interesting if leisurely return journey..

:shock: Blimey, Mike. All on the roof-rack! Bet the police didn't stop you - they wouldn't have known what to do with you! :lol: :lol: Sounds like some nice stock, though.

Was it a long journey?

Cheers,

Trev.

drive wasn't too bad Trev.. kept to the back roads... nice n quiet... could pull over n let traffic through without holdin em up too much....

I didn't dare do much more than 40... an then only on the straight n flat bits.. ;) police didn't bat an eye when I parked next to them (unmarked cruiser) so I'm guessin they'd no clue how far the Landie was swayin in the corners...

return trip was about 60 miles... made it in 2 hours including a time out for a stop at a chipper....

Midnight":2qrh3ydh said:
just finished stacking the latest haul from the saw-mill... 6 cube of clear oak, 6 cube of rippled sycamore that looks to die for... and about 12 cube of run-o-the-mill sycamore...
Oh, the Sycamore (one of my favorites) sounds great!
Good purchase--and glad you got it all back home without incident!

Mike

would it be too nosey to ask what sort of price u paid for all that wood? just out of interest

Hey Mike ,
You couldve past Willaston on the way ! I wouldve helped to lighten the load! LOL
seeyasoon mik.

Here in the states, they complain about the SUV's being top heavy.
I bet you had all of them beat!!

ummmmmm..... it'd take a fair streach of imagination to call my auld Landie sporty......lol... flat out- down hill with a tail wind she'll just about do 60.... an then only on a good day...

She's designed n built to haul / carry loads around country lanes, or better yet... off road... so long as you drive within the limits of the vehicle, weather and road conditions they're prefectly safe...

would it be too nosey to ask what sort of price u paid for all that wood? just out of interest

prices are here Wizer.... http://www.scottish-hardwoods.com

I'm a policeman. I'd have known what to do with him.

lend a hand to unload it...???? :p :wink:

Hey Mike
I've got a proposition for you same consignment, please deliver to Devon on your Landy, (Dont do it on a Saturday Mind you)

I've got a proposition for you same consignment, please deliver to Devon on your Landy, (Dont do it on a Saturday Mind you)

ummmmmm.... OK... I could do that... but you'd need to have tankers stationed at regular intervals in weird locations... I'm none to familiar with the back-roads through rural Englnadshire... but I'm sure there's a route...

might take me a month or two to get there though...

:wink:

Sounds a good opening for someone unemployed. Stock reasonable priced and expertise in selecting the timber stock for delivery. :wink:

Stock reasonable priced and expertise in selecting the timber stock for delivery.

they're real bonny boards... the 5 ripple sycamore are bookmatched, as are 5 of the 6 oak boards...

all I need now is time to get at em.....

Could you fill up the back of the Landie, too, and stop off in Herefordshire en route?

well.....yeaa.....that's possible... so long as you can deal with short boards.. rear load bed's limited to a shade under 6ft if I remember right... says he detecting more than a hint of urine extraction :p :wink:

Back